Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This got no response on the Cf but I thought I'd go ahead and post it here also as I find this very interesting.

After installing the carbon fiber widemouth air bridge from LAPD last weekend I have noticed a definite difference in the idle of my LS6. It has really smoothed out. I don't know if it's good for any additional hp, but it really makes the car smoother (plus it looks kick a$$).

·
Registered
0 Posts
David,

Do you have any pics?? I have the Vortex Power Duct on both my Zs and I was not really happy with the quality of it. Lots of loose crap on the inside. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

On 2001-08-11 17:12, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
David,

Do you have any pics?? I have the Vortex Power Duct on both my Zs and I was not really happy with the quality of it. Lots of loose crap on the inside. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Frank, of course I have pictures /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

On 2001-08-11 17:12, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
I have the Vortex Power Duct on both my Zs and I was not really happy with the quality of it. Lots of loose crap on the inside. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

This is funny. I orginally bought the BPP power duct also. I sent it back after inspecting it. It did not live up to the quality that BPP has been known for, IMO. The finish was not glossy like I was looking for and it had the emblem screwed on with the screws protruding through the duct. Looking through it from the end, I could see light coming through which indicates to me that it's not as solid as it should be. Overall, I was very disappointed.

The one from LAPD lived up to all my expectations and then some. It's much bigger than stock or the BPP duct, has a great finish, and only requires one coupler that is much shorter than the others. It is an excellent peice.

·
Registered
0 Posts
WOW!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

David, that looks REALLY sweet!! How is the quality, fit, and is it smooth on the inside?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Looks great, however I wonder what that large ear does to airflow.

Ever seen water run past a jut in a river? it eddies just past the wider portion. This is why I like the Halltech so much.....

But to each his own....

JC

·
Registered
528 Posts
CorvetteSS,

What kind of air filter you have on there. It doesn't look like the BlackWing or the Vortex Ram Air.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
The Halltech unit is smoothed.

Not becuase he is one of our vendors, just making a laymans deduction....

Not a very good pic:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

On 2001-08-11 17:57, N4C5S spewed forth this drivel:
Looks great, however I wonder what that large ear does to airflow.

Ever seen water run past a jut in a river? it eddies just past the wider portion. This is why I like the Halltech so much.....

But to each his own....

JC
I don't know much about the dynamics of any of these pieces, but as I said, it did smooth out my idle quite a bit.

As you said, to each his own and I like this one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

On 2001-08-11 18:08, ddle spewed forth this drivel:

CorvetteSS,

What kind of air filter you have on there. It doesn't look like the BlackWing or the Vortex Ram Air.

Thanks

It's a Vortex with the real carbon fiber box.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
The best product is the one YOU feel most comfortable with....The intake choice will rage on until fusion engines /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts