Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll

I have never like the multiple colors on my 01 QS, i.e. red tailights, yellow running lights, silver body, etc. So I have been on a quest to make a two tone car, Silver and Black. I have blacked out my turn signals and rear lights. Tinted all my windows to 20% (maybe a little much :crazy: ). I ordered iForged Flux with the painted black center and the polished lip. So my project has been coming together nicely.

Today I saw a carbon kevlar hood. It is only $500 which excites me but also worries me about quality. It will give me that two tone look but it is also a little ricey. I wonder if it is lighter? Anybody have any experience with a hood like this? ANY OPINONS ON THE LOOK OF ONE AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS? Thanks!

David

·
Registered
752 Posts
The silver / black two tone can look real sharp. I had a c4 that was silver over black. It was a eye-catcher and I always did good at the shows with it.

As for the kevlar hood...hard to say. What kind is it? The carbon-fiber hoods that folks have used here on the Z06vette forum have been high quality and expensive. Oh, and lighter as well. Seems I recall folks saying the full cf hood was something like 15 lbs lighter thant the stock hood.

Perhaps if you could provide more info on the kevlar hood folks could chip in what they know.

Cheers!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh sorry about that I got so into describing my set-up that I forgot to include the link to the hood I was talking about. :blush: Here it is

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Grim Reaper, that's one mean looking ride :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grim Reaper,

I can't tell but is that painted black or is there a pattern. I wanted the carbon kevlar look up close. Not smooth painted but kind of with a pattern. It shows in the pic if you follow the link in my post above.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dez: Procarparts is a good site. i bought a ton of things off them for my truck and it all came as described and within one week. granted, they were things like lights and lil things...but i am convinced that their service is top notch! good luck and let us know what u do! i may do this as well, as my 98 pewter vette is also a two tone, black/pewter...

Aj

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have this one.

dezballs69 said:
Today I saw a carbon kevlar hood. It is only $500 which excites me but also worries me about quality. It will give me that two tone look but it is also a little ricey. I wonder if it is lighter? Anybody have any experience with a hood like this? ANY OPINONS ON THE LOOK OF ONE AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS? Thanks!

David
I have one.. real light, looks good until tonight, I hit 140 and it just folds up and cracks going town the highway....WTF??

I think the struts are too much for its thin light build..
It's like @ high speed it opened the hinges even though the latches were still closed.

My .02.
PS I have had it on the car for 2 days worth of driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts