Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how they are as I now run xp9's front and xp8's rear and they are discontinuing the xp9's.

I drive to track and occasionally on street on nice days. My xp9's set off the abs already a little bit sometimes at the track.

Any feedback on this compound??

·
Registered
350 Posts
I race on 11s front and 10s rear - fabulous!!!! Last year, I ran 10s front and 9s rear. Larry makes some awesome pads...for about 1/2 what Hawk and PFC costs. You can't go wrong with any of his compounds!!

As far as ABS, you should be engaging the ABS sometimes - that lets you know you are threshold braking!

·
Banned
809 Posts
wtknght1 said:
I race on 11s front and 10s rear - fabulous!!!! Last year, I ran 10s front and 9s rear. Larry makes some awesome pads...for about 1/2 what Hawk and PFC costs. You can't go wrong with any of his compounds!!

As far as ABS, you should be engaging the ABS sometimes - that lets you know you are threshold braking!
Plus, they aren't corrosive and if you're running them on a street car, it's nice not to have to polish the crap out of your wheels and paint. :yeadog:

Sal

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
9's are being discontinued??? wonder why?

darn, that's what I am running up front

so now I guess I go to 11/10's?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
10s front, 9s rear for me; will go to 11/10 as needed. The 10/9 combo worked very well.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have used Larry's pads for almost 5 years now and they are the best especially if you still want to drive on the street.
:jammin:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Has anyone confirmed the 9's being DC'ed? I loved them last weekend.

Amazing how easily the dust came off after I was done (way easier than the stock Z06 pad dust).

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked directly to Matt at Carbotech so I would say it is fact. They are working on the website,etc.. so folks know it is fine to use the 10's

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
BQuicksilver said:
Has anyone confirmed the 9's being DC'ed? I loved them last weekend.

Amazing how easily the dust came off after I was done (way easier than the stock Z06 pad dust).
I hear now that the 9's in the rear will still be made.

guess it's 10/9 combo for me now

I refuse to go back to the Hawk's

·
Registered
891 Posts
I just got XP9's for rear last week.

I switched from Panther+. I had vibration problem due to differing pad material deposited on rotors... just like they said in literature, so I put new rotors on rear. I never had problem switching pad materials before and was a little surprised when it happened. I guess you assume it can't happen to you.

The next set of fronts will be XP10. I have to burn up the XP9's first.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
As mentioned by White Knight above, I too raced on XP10 front, XP9 rear all last season with good results. This year I switched to the 11s front, 10s rear and liked this combo even better. :cheers:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think this will affect us guys who run street tires most. I definitely agree 11/10 sounds great for race rubber, but wouldn't that be a bit much for a guy running 255 Kumho MX's front?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My guess is yes way to much grap for street tires.
R compound or damn close could handle it but for true street tires I would run xp8's and panther plus in the rear. I used to run that combo and it worked perfect for street tires.
The tires can only bite so much so more brake is just a waste and to much damn work during threshold braking.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd always rather have too much brake than not enough or less than optimum. I can always alter my driving style a little to compensate for better brakes. It's hard to alter your style (either street or track) with less.

All the Carbotech stuff is awesome. I've been testing stuff for Larry since 98 and have great faith in him and his products. If he comes out with something new, it's better than the old stuff, so upgrading will not hurt! You have ABS too, so put it to the test! [:D]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts