Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but must of what Iv'e seen here suggests that with the Carbotech pads you should have a dedicated set of rotors that will only be used with those pads. My current set of rotors are in good shape and have plenty left in them, my last track event on them I used Hawk HP pus pads and I now have the stock pads on for the street. This was back in May and my car is'nt a daily driver so I'm guessing by now that most if not all the pad material that's on the rotors now is from the stock pads. I do have another new set of rotors as back up for the track but I would rather not get into them yet unless I have to. So my question is will I be alright to run the Carbotechs on my current set or should I not be such a cheap ass and go ahead the new set?

Chad

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've switched to carbotech XP9 on the front, 8 on the rear about 6 months ago, and kept my stock rotors when I did the swap. So far, everything has been working great. Have about 10,000 miles on the setup, and rotor wear is pretty minimal on the street. My only complaint is that these are the dustiest pads EVER. But damn, they work really, really well, especially when hot.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
This is the advantage of there pads. You can run on both street and track without changing anything.
I run stock rotors with xp11's in front and 8's in rear and they work great on track and on street.
He's the only person I know who has figured it out for us inbetween folks.
:yeadog:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
yeh I am a converted Carbotech fan too, never a hawk in my garage again.

I keep stock rotors on and switch out pads and rotors at the same time-the rotors are so cheap ($18 each), it's worth it

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I use the Carbotechs for DE events on the same stock rotors as the ceramic pads I use for the street. Zero issues.

Les

blkZ06 said:
yeh I am a converted Carbotech fan too, never a hawk in my garage again.

I keep stock rotors on and switch out pads and rotors at the same time-the rotors are so cheap ($18 each), it's worth it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the imput guys and gals, sounds like I'm good to go then, besides some brake dust issues, nothing soap and water won't fix! Hey Les the Stl. PCA and BMW club are putting on an event at Gateway November 4-6. It's probably going to be the last event in our area for the year, it would be nice to have a few more vettes out there to pick on the German cars, just thought I'd let you know if you already did'nt.

Chad

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You'll get better performance if you switch rotors, too. Sometimes you'll get uneven bedding as material tries to set down over material from another pad. It is so easy to switch rotors and the NAPA iron rotors cost so little, I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Where can I buy these pads?

For a street car thats driven HARD whats the setup to go with.

·
Banned
809 Posts
CraZee ZO6 said:

Are you experiencing any brake fade on the street?

As good as the Carbotech's are, I wouldn't go with them for the street unless your car sees both track and street duty.

As far as pad choice for the street, if you don't care about the brake dust, the stock pads are an excellent pad for the street. If you're getting any fading at all, consider changing your brake fluid to something with a higher boiling point.

Sal

·
Registered
350 Posts
CraZee ZO6 said:

Call Larry Narcus or Matt and visit their website (www.carbotecheng.com). I race on XP11s up front and 10s on back. For the street, I'd go with 9s or so. They also have several different street versions you could try. Larry makes some awesome stuff!!!!!! 1-877-899-502

1 - 11 of 11 Posts