Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the rear cargo hole cover sold through exit28motorsports?? Looks like a nice piece, and especially like the hinged door feature.

Any feedback from users would be highly appreaciated /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Just got mine from Nate @ Extreme... does the trick.

Carpet color is not a perfect match... if that is of concern to you. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Doesn't really bother me... I just like having that hole covered up. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

2002 Quicksilver/Mod Red/#151/Museum Delivery

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the one sold through Extreme the same unit sold through exit28motorsports? I don't know if there is more than one maker of this mod.

The pics of it on exit28 websight make it look like the carpet match is perfect, so wondering if it's a different manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Got mine from Nate. Fits perfect, even with the partiton in place. Color isn't a perfect match, but it's not off enough to really be noticable and stand out. Not too many people will be checking out your trunk, and I bet, depending on lighting conditions, no one would notice. Helps the noise problem, and puts another 5 lbs(?) over the rear wheels for better weight distribution.....The partition probabily weighs 10lbs.....that's 1/2 of 1 percent right there /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif 3,100lbs x 1% is 31 lbs!! My headers/cats dropped the weight over the front wheels by approx. 25 lbs, and the Stainless Steel Corsa exhaust weighs 20 lbs more than the stock Titanium exhaust. Soooo, I'm getting close to a 51/49% weight distribution. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Getting back to your question, I doubt that there are 2 guys making the same style cover, But then again, this is a great Country /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'd call 'em both and find out for sure.....and ask if the Carpet color is now perfect, although it's really not off by much.

HTH,
01ZEE06

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-14 23:32, ZeeOhSix spewed forth this drivel:
Anyone using the rear cargo hole cover sold through exit28motorsports?? Looks like a nice piece, and especially like the hinged door feature.

Any feedback from users would be highly appreaciated /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.
There was a factory cover on the earlier C5 FRCs. I wonder if this is adaptable to the Z06. jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts