Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
We will have an area to park, The last few years it has been next to the C5/C6 Registry on the Hill. It is just past the Dyno when you go in Gate 3.....

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Gates open daily at 7 a.m.
Adult admissions: $12 daily
Children 12 and under admitted free

Season Pass: $69.95 - Save over $195! Visit the Season Pass page for details.

Limited Corvette-only parking: $10

Gate 3 is open 24 hours for vendors and participants w/proper credentials

No on-grounds camping available. Visit the Where to Stay page for lodging options.

Building T hours for ATM, cash advances, auto loans, vendors and display vehicles
Friday & Saturday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Members 1st Federal Credit Union located inside Building T. For ATM, cash advances and auto loans
Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Vendor Services Office for information and services for all vendor transactions. Located outside Gate 3
Thursday to Saturday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday: 7 a.m. to 4p.m.

Car Corral Office and Notary. Located between Old Car Trader & Auto Locator pavilions
Friday to Sunday: Open at 7 a.m.

Official Information and Souvenir Booth. Located at the Stage
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Show field Registration. Located outside Gate 3
Thursday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.

On-site Goody Bag pickup for pre-registered entrants only. Located on Row X near the shale bank hill.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: closed

Women's Oasis. Located on the Fun Field
Friday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Kids' Corvettes at Carlisle
Friday: 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.

Corvette Parade through Downtown Carlisle
Friday registration on the Fun Display show field: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday: registration on the Fun Display show field and inside Gate 1 until full
Saturday line up: 6:15 p.m.
Leaves the fairgrounds approximately 6:45 p.m.

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
:mah: :mah: :mah: :mah:
This is the reply I got from Lance Miller:

Ivo-

I appreciate you contacting us per your request to move the Z06's together so they can all be parked in the same area. We have this question often, it's nice to have the opportunity to share the answer with you and all the other forum readers out there.
My father started allowing various groups and clubs to park together when he first started Corvettes at Carlisle. These groups/clubs have been "grand-fathered in" to receive designated space; they will continue to do so until their attendance declines. Club members are responsible for monitoring who parks in their designated area. (Please note: "taping-off" areas is not allowed and tape will be removed.) At 10 a.m. Carlisle staff are permitted to start filling spaces in every location on the show field, including ones that are in any club/group location. Club members are encouraged to arrive early to reduce the possibility that they will not be able to park with their group. In general, the field locations do not change unless there is a major activity change that affects the map

When we have new clubs/groups approach us we give the same answer across the board to keep it fair for everyone. Because of the space constraints during this event no new designated areas for clubs will be added; the less that the grounds are sectioned-off into restricted areas for a few groups, the less confusing/easier (better!) it is for the majority of people who attend the show. We encourage groups who would like to park together to arrive together at the show; it is your best chance to park together, regardless of a designated area. I hope this answers your question and we are looking forward to seeing you at this years’ Corvettes at Carlisle event!

Sincerely,

Lance Miller

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This my reply to another member (which has a beautiful Vette) and to Lance.

iceburgh said:
Guys with all due respect what makes your Z06, 40th, Pace car, ZR1 or any other so called special car any more special than my car or anyone else that has worked hard to earn the money to drive the best car in the world?
I dont think any one except for the local clubs that do the parking and help with the events should get to park anyone place.
If you want to park together arrive real early and together or find a nice spot over the hill.
This way it is your choice and you dont upset all the others that just come to have a good tiem.
What happens in a few years when vedors take up all the space down below.....where will you want to go then?
As Lance stated the clubs and groups that are down there now are grandfathered and will remain.

I was just asking that if the ZR1's, Pace Cars, Grand Sports etc. are there, why are we excluded.

This is the year of the C6 Z06 and I feel something different should be done with all the Z06's. If only for his year.

Thanks for listening,

Ivo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Leaking news early...

Hey all-

I'm certain all of you are excited about the new Z06, what a car for the money!! I certainly know I'm pumped about it.

Okay now onto the announcement. I figured this would be the best area to let you guys know the information first. For Corvettes at Carlisle 2006 I plan on having a Z06 Reunion! I've yet to come up with all the fine details. But after our '05 event ends I'm going to sit down and figure out the logistics of it all and I’ll certainly keep you posted on this forum.

For now, I just wanted to let you guys know the news first. If you have any ideas or thoughts about the Z06 Reunion for next year, by all means feel free shooting me an email at: [email protected].

I'm very excited about the Z06 Reunion for 2006 Corvettes at Carlisle and certainly hope you guys are too. The only thing I'm concerned about is the actual space needs. I have a funny feeling you guys are going to have the largest reunion we've ever had! But heck, we'll make it work out for everyone!

You've spoke & we have listened!

I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Lance Miller
Corvettes at Carlisle Website

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
racelance said:
Hey all-

I'm certain all of you are excited about the new Z06, what a car for the money!! I certainly know I'm pumped about it.

Okay now onto the announcement. I figured this would be the best area to let you guys know the information first. For Corvettes at Carlisle 2006 I plan on having a Z06 Reunion! I've yet to come up with all the fine details. But after our '05 event ends I'm going to sit down and figure out the logistics of it all and I’ll certainly keep you posted on this forum.

For now, I just wanted to let you guys know the news first. If you have any ideas or thoughts about the Z06 Reunion for next year, by all means feel free shooting me an email at: [email protected].

I'm very excited about the Z06 Reunion for 2006 Corvettes at Carlisle and certainly hope you guys are too. The only thing I'm concerned about is the actual space needs. I have a funny feeling you guys are going to have the largest reunion we've ever had! But heck, we'll make it work out for everyone!

You've spoke & we have listened!

I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Lance Miller
Corvettes at Carlisle Website
Fantastic!!! I'm already looking forward to it and we haven't even finished Corvettes @ Carlisle 2005... Great Idea....

·
9,755 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Might just have to make the drive up in 2006...

Mark

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't believe I forgot to mention this in one of my earlier posts as well! We will be holding a Dyno Challenge during our event (perfect area to announce that as well). I'm working with a magazine right now that WILL cover the highest horsepower car and of course there will be awards - we are working on finalizing everything early next week. I'll post the details as we wrap everything up.

Hope to see you all at this years Corvettes at Carlisle & next year I'm hoping to see the Z06's out in FULL FORCE! ;)

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Lance Miller

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Carlisle Convoy Tri-State

Can't believe the summer is here already. Still haven't put on my headers.... All registered for Carlisle. Anyone up for a convoy to the site this year? NY/NJ/CT? Feedback? A huge string of Z's would make for an awesome sight! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
106 Posts
i'm not registered so if I show up early sat morning will I be able to park some where on the grounds????? or is it to late????

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
racelance said:
The earlier you arrive the better off you will be. I'd suggest pre-registering at: http://carsatcarlisle.com.

See you there,

Lance

Lance is correct. You want to get there real early not just to registering if you don't do it thru the site but you will sit in traffic for at least an hour if you get there after 9:30.... :crazy:

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Hey, Where are you at in Long Valley... Send me an email or PM and we can hook up... A few of us always head out together....

21 - 39 of 39 Posts