Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cartek is continuing to tweak my new 382 stroker package. On the first dyno runs the engine exhibited instability in the valve train beginning around 6800; power maxxed out at 499/448. At 6800 rpm the power nosed over dramatically. At that point some tuners may have set the limiter at 6800 and sent it out the door. Not Cartek, Dave & Julio felt that it should make power up to 7200. Not only did they stabilize the valve train but they made another 12 hp. I'm very impresssed with their work and I think they have broken some new ground with this motor. 511 N/A horsepower on pump gas with a totally streetable package, running the stock flywheel and water pump is stunning. Before beginning this upgrade much of the conventional wisdom was that stroking the LS1/LS6 was a waste of money. Looks like Cartek has set a new standard; I would highly recommend this motor for anyone wanting more power than the 3X package (470+ rwhp) without going all the way to a 427 or larger. Thanks again to Dave, Julio, Roy, Rich and all the others that skinned their knuckles on my car. The first outing for the Cartek 382 will be in competition at No Problem Raceway in Louisiana on March 12th.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice numbers :cheers:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Excellent numbers, Jetty! Lots of luck this season and kudos to Cartek!!!

Paul

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats :thumb:

·
Registered
108 Posts
My boys at Cartek strike again! The best never rest.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
nice results. can you plese post a dyno graph? 7200 rpm is :coo: how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking. you can pm me if you want!

·
Registered
407 Posts
EBZ06,
What cam & which heads were used??

Great # !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts