Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cartek just completed the first dyno tuning session on my new 382 stroker motor. Dave said that they experienced some valve train stability problems that they are addressing tonight. He was confident that there were a few more horsepower to be had. The motor is my stock block with all forged rotating parts. Callies 4" crankshaft, Mahle pistons and Eagle rods. The hydraulic roller cam is a special grind devised by Julio; the specs are confidential. The headers are 1 3/4" Kooks stainless and they are coated inside and out. The engine utilizes anti-friction and reflective coatings throughout. The motor was built to run strong N/A but to live indefinitely under a healthy shot of nitrous. I'll be racing it this season with a 150 shot. My DragSim computer program predicts 10.77 at 130 (all motor) on a typical summer day and that is allowing for 1/2 a second between shifts. Here's a link to the initial before and after dyno numbers. Don't be fooled by the peak numbers; the gains throughout the power band are very significant.
Thanks again to Dave, Julio, Roy, Rich and the rest of the Cartek wizards.
http://www.cartek.net/images/jerryloldvs382.jpg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be a Monster :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Very nice! What kind of valve train problems did you have? I spin mine to 6800 and we didn't have any problems. You're gonna be really pleased when you get to drive it. I had mine set up for a healthy shot of spray also...MTI is telling me I can spray a 200 shot no problem on this motor. Good luck with it! :cool:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Great numbers for all motor :thumb:

My ride is there now getting the 382 stroker with forged internals, being told any day now to expect numbers. Thanx for posting your dyno results.

If you see a MY w/IC mag there could you give me a heads up. TIA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts