Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preliminary numbers are in. Using my stock block and heads Cartek did the magic that they do and got 526/525 hp/tq at the wheels. This is with low boost numbers, currently 5# with a 2.9 pulley, Random Tech Cats with stock Ti exhaust. They cut off the run due to fuel issues at 5800 rpm. Needless to say there is more power to be made after a little tweaking with the fuel/injectors and other tricks to increase the boost by 2# or so. These guys know their stuff... Be Sure

I don't have the dyno to post yet but I should be able to update this post tomorrow and reveal a little more about the internals. Almost back in the saddle ..... soon

:cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats! My motor isn't totally sorted out yet and I'm already thinking about what power adder to use. I gotta stop reading these posts! :pp: :lol:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Congrats on the good numbers. I didn't expect less from Cartek. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
526/525 hp/tq :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with Dave tonight and they dyno'd 559/567 outta this 382 stroker with an AFR of ~11.5. I failed to ask about the boost numbers but 65# injectors were used along with some other classified mojo to get to these results.

I am to pick up my ride tomorrow and will post the results shortly.

A great big :cheers: to the guys at Cartek

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
B_P_fox said:
I spoke with Dave tonight and they dyno'd 559/567 outta this 382 stroker with an AFR of ~11.5.

Someone is going to have a very fun ride home tomorrow. :thumb: Most excellent numbers , Nick. These just might be a record for the Maggie. :yeadog:

Don

·
Registered
993 Posts
very solid and safe #s nick you are going to love it :jammin: i spoke to dave Thursday and he says there is plenty more in there. but you have a solid motor that is running the way it should.i hope you are happy with it and pick up my commission check while your there :p :p enjoy i want to see you and jimmy and now what on the bridge (there is 3 lanes going north :jammin: )

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the car back and what a difference this stroker makes when coupled to the maggie. Final numbers are 567/567 making an avg boost of ~8#. I am runnung RT cats and stock Ti exhaust so there is some losses there. Cars pulls very strong thru five gears. Gave the car a shake down this morning. 4th gear to 120 you are planted in the seat. 5th gear pulls just as strong w/out missing a beat. At ~ 130 unknowingly I popped my dip stick :bang: I backed off a bit after hearing the pop but pressures were good so I continued to 156 pulling strong before noticing the oil smoke :blush:

It is now zippid tied in place but I oiled down the engine compartment and spent the last two hours cleaning it up. Gotta get under it for a more thorough cleaning at first opportunity.

Had a SNAFU with my scanner and the Dyno graph but I can take a digital of the dyno run and upload it after the race.

Again a big Thank You to the guys at CARTEK. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
B_P_fox said:
It is now zippid tied in place but I oiled down the engine compartment and spent the last two hours cleaning it up. Gotta get under it for a more thorough cleaning at first opportunity.

Nick,

Just make sure you get all that oil off before heading towards the beach area...oil and sand is no fun. ;)

Don

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Congrats. Very nice numbers. Ya gotta love it - 567 rwhp out of a 382!!!! :thumb:

Those guys never stop. Every time I talk with Dave or Julio, they're conjuring up more interesting ideas. If only I had an unlimited budget........... :lol:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Where do you go 150 on Long Island?

Sounds like a ziptie is fixes the symptom not problem. It sounds like your crankcase needs some more serious ventilation/evacutation.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Paul said:
Ya gotta love it - 567 rwhp out of a 382!!!! :thumb:
I don't know, once you go FI the rules change. Supras can make that on pump gas with 183 cu.in. There is a thread in LS1Tech where an NA 402 is making 553rwhp on pump gas. THAT you gotta love.

Maybe with bigger injectors and more revs...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
tony3331 said:
paul i was planing on puting the twin turbo on your tab :thumb:

I already have someone spending my money for me. I'm married :rofl:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts