Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install the LG header system; probably will keep the stock titanium exhaust for for now.... Should I install it with or withouts cats... I live in an area where vehicle inspections are not required..

Is there much of a difference in sound/noise

Any other issues to address??

Thanks.... :z:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Probably slightly quieter with the Random cats but there wont be a gas smell in or behind the car. RT cats, from what I hear and saw at a dyno day, dont cost you any power and actually give you 2-3 rwhp; they are going to cost your wallet though. I used them.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Not fitting catalytic converters to a street-driven car is nothing short of irresponsible, and perhaps even criminal. I don't have them on my car, and it's a darn shame. :eek::

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
From what I've gathered, I think that you're better off picking one of the following two directions, and going with it:

- Keep the stock exhaust, and lose the cats

- Keep the stock cats, and lost the stock exhaust

I have TPIS long tubes, my stock cats, and the Corsa Ti exhaust. It's pretty loud as it is (although it's not nearly what I would call "too loud" -- but everyone's tollerence is different). I asked here whether or not I should lose the cats, and I was admonished that my car would quickly soud like a NASCAR car.

But, I've also read where plenty of people have ditched their cats, but keep the stock exhaust (or at least the stock headers), and they don't find their cars to be too loud.

So, my advice would be to consider keep EITHER the stock exhaust OR the cats stock if you're going ditch one of them.

-Kirk

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
exSSer said:
Not fitting catalytic converters to a street-driven car is nothing short of irresponsible, and perhaps even criminal. I don't have them on my car, and it's a darn shame. :eek::
It's kind of hard to vote for no cats after that statement.

If you drive many miles a year (more than 2,000) I agree 100%

If drive less than that that, I only agree 99% :z:

·
Registered
562 Posts
exSSer said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
FRCLandon said:
Dont you hate it when they decide to take naps on top of your prized possession....I do!!! :mah:
Milo won't go in the garage after the time he was napping in there and I started up NoMercy. :sneaky: :sneaky:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
iv'e heard my exact same setup but with cats. night and day difference. the hp difference will probably be negligable either way. plus they're like $500 cheaper. you've got to go no cats. flames rock

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Steve Tillman said:
Cats=dead weight...loose them.. :D
"Lose" has to be the most misspelled word on the Internet. That, and "bumper." (And it's a good thing there's spell check on this site, or I would have spelled "misspelled" wrong!) :lol:

:cheers:

-Kirk

·
Registered
596 Posts
jjcpj said:
I live in an area where vehicle inspections are not required..

Is there much of a difference in sound/noise

Any other issues to address??

Thanks.... :z:
I live in an area where inspections are required but then again I live in an area where you don't bring a knife to a gun fight so WTH. I lost the cats and kept the Glock for safe keeping. I love the smell of the race fuel so I could care less for my car IMO. As posted by others if you're going to modify one lose the other and just change it all if you can afford it. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
940 Posts
exSSer said:
I fell bad now, NOT. I love it classic statement :thumb: I vote no cats.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I bought the FLP system that provides easy access to swap cats in and out for emission testing. I run with cats off most of the time. The smell is no where near as bad as when I first started w/o cats 2 years ago. You get a slight occasional wiff every now and then but thats a beautiful thing :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
phantasms said:
iv'e heard my exact same setup but with cats. night and day difference. the hp difference will probably be negligable either way. plus they're like $500 cheaper. you've got to go no cats. flames rock
what do you meand by night and day, is it that much louder without cats or much diffrent, Plus Flames, does it mean without cats you'll have that occassonal flame shoot out the pipes??? :guiness:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts