Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Cats or No Cats?

• Keep the Off-road pipes(sound better anyway)

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Put the cats on(be 100% legit)

Votes: 30 62.5%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after picking up my Z last week, the time has come for me to get it inspected. In order to pass emissions legitimatley, the car needs to have cats on it. I also have the option of just getting a sticker and leaving my car as/is w/ the off-road pipes. I have FLP headers w/ the off-road pipes on em right now, but also have the high flow cats that go w/ them in my garage. Is it worth the hp loss to have a car that's 100% street legit. Or is the performance gain worth it not to have the cats. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO the difference is around 5 HP. That's a difference that you will never feel in your Butt-o-meter :cheers:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the poll is all locked up at 1 to 1...but i pretty much decided to go legit after watchin some1 get a $1500 no-cat ticket last night.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Random Tech Hi flow cats have negligible restriction and keep you legal. Combined with headers or just some nice Borlas you will rock. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have the random cats and still make over the 500+ rwhp that I wanted... I say stay legal.

Chris

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'd wear the cats. ;)

Makes you feel more "green" and avoid any "ticket" hassle. :D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Random Cats. You'll never know the difference. That $1500.00 ticket money you are saving will buy a lot of performance.

D.J.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Wear them to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I'm running without cats right now but, I'm thinking about putting them on to try and cut down on some of the soot that collects on the back of my car. My setup favors the exhaust side pretty heavily right now...Who knows...I could gain power with the extra back pressure. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
UstaB-GS549 said:
I ran without cats for a while. I couldn't stand the smell of my own exhaust.
;) ;)

Put on some cats so you car won't smell like a wet dog.

D.J.

Random Tech Cats and lovin em

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm with you IVO!

I'm a dog man myself!

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts