Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am in the planning process of buying my first vette, and am targeting a c6 ZR-1. I found a good deal, but I have what appears to be a red flag; the car has a nitrous setup.

I have to admit ignorance as I have never run it before, but for you experienced modders is this something I should worry about? The car is stock otherwise, so my concern is that the previous owner (he traded it in) beat the SH!T out of it. It doesn't have tanks, and to be honest I probably wouldn't ever use it.

He told the dealer he traded it in to that he "only ran it once". I am taking that with a massive grain of salt.

I'm just wondering if this is enough to scare away an otherwise clean, fair-priced ZR-1 ZR3? My gut reaction was uh oh.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Let's see, "I found a good deal" flag number 1, NOX kit only ran it once? Flag number 2. Your gut reaction was "uh oh" flag number 3.
Follow your instinct. There are lots of great low mileage non abused Z06/ZR1's out there. Find the best car you can pay a little more for it and you will never regret what you did. If you buy this ZR1 and it blows the engine you will always be thinking that you should have followed your instincts.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,832 Posts
If the NOS jet is still installed, most likely find the NOS line attached to the airbridge
Take nozzle off and it should be labeled as to flow size

If it is only like 50 or 75 HP then most likely did not harm the engine

Determine if the PCM was tuned for NOS, if cannot determine find someone who does PCM tuning
to download the calibration and then compare it with a stock GM tune and see if they match or not

If still stock then you should be OK, if it was tuned for the NOS and your not using NOS the tune should
be redone for stock calibration or a custom tune for the engine being N/A.

Check oil as any ill signs, also check sparkplugs would say if engine was running too lean or not

If buying the ZR1 and not using NOS then assure the solenoid for it is disconnected so not coming on
and letting unmetered air into the intake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts