• SSR GT3 18/19

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am getting a super deal on HRE 549's and well but i don't like the shape that much so if you had the choice would you get the 505A or the 549's?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I think I read somewhere you could get the CCW one piece wheels now in 18" as well as the 19s and 20s. Gives you more options.

·
Registered
596 Posts
exSSer said:
I think I read somewhere you could get the CCW one piece wheels now in 18" as well as the 19s and 20s. Gives you more options.
I run a 19x11 in the front with a 275/30/19 and a 19x13 in the rear with a 355/25/19 and they fit perfectly with the LPE mini-tub.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
MrKool said:
well i am getting a super deal on HRE 549's and well but i don't like the shape that much so if you had the choice would you get the 505A or the 549's?

Get me pics off all the choices and I'll pick

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hmmm... Not sure what I would do. The HRE's look like they'd be very similar to the C5R OZ wheels -- so, they could look really sweet. I just don't think I've ever seen these HRE's on a Vette, so it's hard to say.

I don't think you can get the CCW's in anything but 19"s (yet), can you? I heard rumors that CCW was going to entertain the idea of making 18"s, but I don't think they have done so yet. Anyone know for sure?

Maybe someone could photoshop some big HRE's onto a Z06. I think they could look sweet.

-Kirk

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
There is not enough tire options in the 20" rim :cheers:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Mrkool: Sorry i havent called back but i am sick! My friend said he wouldnt let go of the CCWs. Thanks for calling and i would go with the Iforged wheels(not one of the choices but still my choice :D )

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
CCw's are preferred over the HRE's shown.

Just an opinion. Although the I forged rims I saw the other day were pretty impressive looking as well.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Any good deals out there on either wheel? They both look good. They would look good on any C5. I don't have 19" tires so it would have to be a wheel and tire combo. I need a set of nice looking wheels. Who doesn't?

D.J.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well 505 it is then :) i like the shape and am not so fond of CCW prices though so lets see what happens :) if i have any money left after the ATI i might get these :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Antivenom 447 said:
I run a 19x11 in the front with a 275/30/19 and a 19x13 in the rear with a 355/25/19 and they fit perfectly with the LPE mini-tub.
Did you install the mini-tub setup? If so, do you think it might be a do-it-your-self kind of deal?

The set up you are running would look nice on my Coupe.

D.J.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have 505a's but think the HRE's are an awesome wheel. I initially wanted HRE's but didn't want a 2-piece because they're heavier and the price is a bit steep for my budget. I don't particularly like that model of HRE shown for a Vette but it's a good looking wheel.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
Did you install the mini-tub setup? If so, do you think it might be a do-it-your-self kind of deal?

The set up you are running would look nice on my Coupe.

D.J.

A couple of us have done our own minitubs. GNX Guy (Joe) has a nice write up with pics on the site. Do a search. IMO, the hardest part is getting the carpet to lay right. After my rollbar install, it finally looks good back there :)

I'm running 18x10/19x12 HRE 545Rs on my Z.

·
Banned
809 Posts
HRE's or the GT3's in Satin would be my choice. I originally liked the 505's when I first saw them, but they haven't stood the test of time in my eyes.

Sal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts