Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am flat out confused. :-?

All i want are opinions and some spec figures if possible.

I am torn between

the CCW 505CCW (Forged One piece) weight unknown

and

The HRE 847RHRE (Hidden hardware 3 piece) weight unknown

both have the twin five spoke design I like but I have no concept of how to compare them other then weight and price.

Along with this question, what kind of tires go on these rims? any suggestions there as well would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I have a set of HRE's for the street & CCW's for the track. They are both top of the line products. My opinion would be to go with the CCW's and John could set you up with a wheel/tire combo.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have seen the CCWs on a Z06. They're shockingly beautifull; they come in 19" only and therefore your stock tires wouldnt mount on them if that's what you're planning

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Hitman1 said:
I have seen the CCWs on a Z06. They're shockingly beautifull; they come in 19" only and therefore your stock tires wouldnt mount on them if that's what you're planning
CCW 505's are now offered in 18" diameter. (this is new)
Won't help the stock 17" fronts however

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
msukazman said:

I am torn between

and

both have the twin five spoke design I like but I have no concept of how to compare them other then weight and price.

Along with this question, what kind of tires go on these rims? any suggestions there as well would be helpful.
19x11 CCW5 505a (single piece forged wheel) 23.8 lbs
CCW's are 30 to 40% lower in price :z:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I am digging this one out of the archives but I still haven't purchased the wheels. It is STILL between the CCW 505a and the HRE 847R.
I really dont want the hassle of cleaning the CCW's so I would probably have them chromed. that said... i think the price would balance out a little. anyone have anything to say to me?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Polished wheels are not that difficult to keep clean and bright. Also no issues with chrome failure. The one-piece wheels are even easier to polish, because of the lack of fasteners. I prefer the warmer shine to the bling of chrome, but that's just personal preference.

I recommend CCWs because of their value and quality, but I'd go for the SP200s or 500s myself. I've got polished iForged, and they're a nice alternative as well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
msukazman said:

I am torn between

and

You are confused. You didn't mention what diameter/width wheel you looking to get! BIGGER looks better!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really dont want to go larger then 18 but I may have to. I have the Baur 13" up front and the 14" brakes in the back...

So assuming i dont want to touch the car (taking out the brake cooling vent, Tubing the wheel well etc) what are the largest wheels i can go with that i wont have clearance issues in the front and the rear.

Tell me offset, Diameter, tire sizes... etc..

Thanks to whoever is the gooroo of Wheels on this forum in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts