Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a novi 2000 with custom air to air intercooler on my car. I push 11lbs and I am pretty happy with my power levels. I live in Arizona though and I want a cooler intake charge when I am racing someone or going all out through the gears. I'm not really looking for more power I just want to cool the intake charge. Would I benefit more from a meth/water injection system into the throttle body? Or would I be better off with a c02 setup with a intercooler halo?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
robiferretti said:
alky injection
:yeadog: ECS has a nice kit that's proven to be a winner. There are several benifits....Cooler iat's...act's as an octane booster...cleaner burn & allows more boost & timing. I look at it like a insurance policy. :thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been very happy with the ECS meth/alky kit spraying straight meth.

Mark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would I be able to fabricate a tank for the water/system to go where the battery used to be? My buddy can make anything out of aluminum. Would aluminum stand up to the water/meth mixture?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
5.4 speedster said:
would I be able to fabricate a tank for the water/system to go where the battery used to be? My buddy can make anything out of aluminum. Would aluminum stand up to the water/meth mixture?
Most people are using their windshield fluid resevoir. I believe ECS is offering a tank that is trunk mounted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Alky injection is the way to go.

BTW, straight methanol is very corrosive and will slowly eat aluminum... go with SS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts