Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ceramic disc brakes(NOT PADS) for my Z, anyone got a clue where to start?? I do lots of lapping.

My idea is having less unsprung weight, but do they last long compared to the stock ones???

:cheers:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone says they're really expensive, BUT how long will they last compared to the stock ones?? I do a lot of lapping...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
971 Posts
Maybe DJ, I or someone else will get motivated to write something up. I would want to due the subject justice and spend some time on it.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
How about the titanium brakes from Red Devil - save a lot of weight for only about $5Gs :eek2:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BLEUBYU said:
How about the titanium brakes from Red Devil - save a lot of weight for only about $5Gs :eek2:
How many laps b4 they crack???

I want to redcue unsprung weight, but I don't want it to cost me an arm and a leg!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
VAI said:
How many laps b4 they crack???

I want to redcue unsprung weight, but I don't want it to cost me an arm and a leg!!

I believe DJ has some more info re Ti brake performance. I couldn't afford them so I went with the Vette Brakes cryoed slotted rotors with aluminum hats - they save just about 2.7 lbs of unsprung weight per wheel. That may not sound like a lot, but unsprung weight loss is additive (2.7 + 2.7) plus supposedly yields additional weight loss because you are also.reducing rotational weight.

That was yet another reason why I went with the Michelin PS2 tires, further unsprung and rotational weight reductions! :yeadog:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts