Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally picked up the 02 MY Z!!!!! Seems to be lots of new 02 Z owners these days....... So anyway, we go to pick her up about an hour away after working late (on a friday no less). After handing over the check, signing in the appropriate places and driving home (if you remember your first drive in a Z06, it was EXACTLY like that!!) I pull in the garage about 10:00 pm.

After staring at the car for about 30 minutes in the garage, i go inside to grab a bite to eat and watch some TV........ yeah right!! at this point im too stoked to relax. the wife is looking at me like im a nutcase..... She says "where you going?" I said " to go check out the new car". I go out to the garage and thats all she wrote. Next thing you know, im washing it, hitting it with the claybar and applying a nice coat of wax. A full-on detail job at 11:00 pm!!!!! LOL. Neighbors stop by to chat while walking their dogs......... Have a couple cold ones with the neighbor with the C5....... the usual AFTERNOON activites even thought it happens to be midnight.....

Well its now 3:15 am and the yellow beauty is ready for the weekend as much as I am. I may be crazy, but I have a new badass ride!!! Hope everyone is having as much fun as i am!!!

gary

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yes we are having just as much fun as you are, maybe more. Congrats on the new Z. You are going to love it and as of right now you have a lot more friends. Welcome!!! :cheers:

Be Safe, :usa:

D.J.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It gets worse. There are so many more milestones into your insanity. These include:

1. Your first mod
2. Your first track event
3. Your first "I can't believe this car just did that" thing
4. Your second "How did it do that" thing

Congrats on your new ride. Send pics soon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
WELCOME HOME ! :cheers: Time? it don't matter when you are enjoying the Z, The wash N wax gets easier, :D then it's go for a drive N clean the Z again :thumb: then it looks so good you want to go out somemore. :zboobie:

GASH EB 02

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
:thumb: I see nothing unusual with this, on the contrary, I see as quite normal:lol:

Welcome to the club:coo:

Peelin' Out
Ted:cheers: :usa:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
100,000 smiles here, you got your first few, they just keep adding up, enjoy her.

Congrats on the new ride...

Mark

·
9,755 Posts
None of the people on this site would ever act like that. :D
Congrats on the new ride !

·
Registered
104 Posts
Zyell06 said:
Well, finally picked up the 02 MY Z!!!!! Seems to be lots of new 02 Z owners these days....... So anyway, we go to pick her up about an hour away after working late (on a friday no less). After handing over the check, signing in the appropriate places and driving home (if you remember your first drive in a Z06, it was EXACTLY like that!!) I pull in the garage about 10:00 pm.

After staring at the car for about 30 minutes in the garage, i go inside to grab a bite to eat and watch some TV........ yeah right!! at this point im too stoked to relax. the wife is looking at me like im a nutcase..... She says "where you going?" I said " to go check out the new car". I go out to the garage and thats all she wrote. Next thing you know, im washing it, hitting it with the claybar and applying a nice coat of wax. A full-on detail job at 11:00 pm!!!!! LOL. Neighbors stop by to chat while walking their dogs......... Have a couple cold ones with the neighbor with the C5....... the usual AFTERNOON activites even thought it happens to be midnight.....

Well its now 3:15 am and the yellow beauty is ready for the weekend as much as I am. I may be crazy, but I have a new badass ride!!! Hope everyone is having as much fun as i am!!!

gary
Gary,
We were separated at birth! I just picked up my 02 ML Z06 and almost did the exact same thing you did! I cleaned the car, could'nt eat much and kept going back into the garage to look at the car. And my 4 year old son has a model 02 ML Z06 that is IDENTICAL to my car and he was even so stoked that he had to come down to the garage with his model and compare the two cars! We are nuts for sure. Enjoy the badass ride.
Steve

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I swear I tell the neighbors the garage is padded JUST to protect the doors of the car! :rofl:

Believe me, it's normal behavior here. I'll be washing and waxing in the dark and have to pull out all sorts of lights to work.

Oh wait, here's another excuse I use: "If I wash at night I don't have to worry about the sun baking on water spots". Or, "This way I avoid the afternoon winds that kick up all that dust while I'm drying the car".

Welcome to the nuthouse!

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts