• 60-79%

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 80-100%

Votes: 4 7.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
With the Generals financial situation, IMO the chances are slim to none. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
I'd give it about a 10% chance.
However,
there is a sign....
the 2006 C6 Z06 comes out later this year...
666 - hmmmm....
the devil car ?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Voted 0-19%, tried to put a deposit down with Rick about 9 months ago. Things started out promising and went down hill fast from there. From that, got the feeling it was going to be scrapped. my .02

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
:( :( :(
I really hope this project comes to life someday.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stevep - it's a rumored very high end Vette, probably costing $90 to $100K, and having 600-650 HP. Typically rumors have it using forced induction, usually a twin turbo.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have a sneaky suspiscion that a "Super Vette" - Blue Devil or otherwise - will be produced. Just my $.02

·
Registered
5,190 Posts

That's a goose egg.
Symbolizing "0", zilch, nada

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
That's a goose egg.
Symbolizing "0", zilch, nada[/QUOTE]

I Agree Cave You nailed It ! I mean it would be nice to see However Why would the General Do what aftermarket people are aleady doing ? :idea: Unless they could do it for a really nice price :) :cheers:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maineyak_2000 said:
TUnless they could do it for a really nice price :) :cheers:
Maybe that's the ticket. In principle, they ought to be able to do it cheaper, because they don't have to replace parts; they can just put the right parts in there to begin with.

I gotta figure it's more total expense to take a normal Z, replace the cluch, rip out old pistons and replace them with forged ones, in the process just throwing out parts you've aleady payed for, than it is just go build the dang thing that way to begin with.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
GM doing it, probably not too likely. But I suppose it's possible for GM to team up with Lingenfelter, and have them build-up the engine. Just in case the Viper and Ford GT still have a slight edge...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I don't think GM will do it because it will drive up thier average mpg for the product line.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts

slim to none ?
LOL
i hope they make it.. i'm sure it will come out "after" i buy my new z

·
Registered
248 Posts
GM has much more on its plate to worry about currently than whether to build a super vette in very small numbers by the way. I don't think it will produce it any time soon but if it does I am sure it would serve up a serious can of whoop A$$.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think they will, but I think they ought to do it. The extra it would cost for them to do it at the factory would be the (SUPPLIER) cost of: a supercharger, ceramic brakes, magnesium wheels, and some extra carbon fiber parts (like the hood). They could make a lot more $$$ on these, and only build them to order--no extra capital investment (as if the few parts would cost that much to tool up anyway). AND, it would cost less than sending a normal Z06 to Reeves or John. Plus, GM gets to see that extra cash, instead of the tuners. I think it makes sense from a business POV, besides from an enthusiast's wet dream. But that's just my view.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
It's gonna happen.....prestige in the Horsepower Wars. This project would be a very small ant on an elephant's backside.

What better way to sell more regular C6's and the profit potential on this car will be high and the costs will be low.

You guys are a bunch of pessimists :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts