Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone lend some insight as to what my dealer is talking about. First they tell me that if I change my own oil it will void the warranty:roll: (something about a "secret" button on the bottom of the car???) They had a deal on the first oil change so I reluctantly let them do it. Then as they are handing the keys back they tell me to take it easy for 50-100 miles to let the oil circulate, WTF. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable in the area of basic auto maintenance, but have never heard this line of bull. Anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
10 Welcome to the Forum, I would find a new dealer that is not smoking crack, you can change your oil if you like, there is nothing special about the process. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow:puke: When you think you heard it all:bs:

Find a new dealer fast, if they are telling you this on oil changes I don't want to think what they will tell you when a real problem comes up. Good Luck:guiness:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

The dealer is Gordon Chevrolet on Ford road. I think I will go ask them where they get their drugs, must be good stuff. :D I have only owned Hondas (can I say that here?) previously and was begining wonder if the domestic crowd had some secret maintenance tricks. Thanks for the advice.
:guiness:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Re: Thanks

changing your own oil is easy enough - go for it!

if you don't want to mess with it, I would recommend Stanford Chevy since they sell a lot of Vettes. Haven't taken mine there (yet), so I don't have any firsthand experience.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think Bevis said it best "AAH what a dumb ass".If that is his sense of humor i'd tell him to $%^& %$#[email protected] Its new dealer time.:puke:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I especially like the part about it taking 50-100 MILES for the oil to circulate ... Maybe the Corvette's now using the special low-pressure pump ..

·
Registered
396 Posts
:-?

This is a typical tactic that the dealers use to keep work in their shops. The one advice I can give to is to keep records of when you changed the oil and with what oil and the amount of oil. Receipts and documentation will help if you ever have an issue.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know....

I always Knew there was a "Secret Button" underneath the car somewhere, but could never find it. (My wife tells me after 23 years I've never found hers either). Please for God's Sake go back and ask the Service manager to show you where the "Secret Button" is. Tell them all of us here want to know, all six hundred of us. And while your there I would dead pan seriously ask him if putting air in the tires would void the warranty and also what about turning on the radio, headlights and even putting the key in the ignition. And, Oh MY GOD, what about starting the car, what does THAT do to the warranty?????

Seriously I think he was refering to the oil life monitoe reset which is covered in the owners manual and something I always remind the dealer todo, question him after the procedure and double check before I drive away. Still he's shoveling the BS and I wouldn't stand for it.

I then would immediately call GM and the Chevy Zone Manager and report his ass!!!!!! Better yet just do it now!!!!

We should all email this joker and complain to Chevy about an unscrupulous dealer.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Report them to GM... Biggest bunch of :bs: I've ever heard.

Has the world gone mad? :(

·
Registered
572 Posts
There is some humor in telling the dealer that there are 500 ZO6 owners anxiously waiting to hear about the "secret button".

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Probably the next time you take it in they will tell you that the muffler bearings are shot :roll: :D :D.

'Secret Button' :p :p :p ... LOL :D:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts