Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what jack to buy. I figure a small scissor jack and a big floor jack. I amnot sure what they are called but I want the kind that just jacks the car right up. I am just tired of having someone else do it. I want to lift this car myself. Where exactly do the jacks get placed. If you are using parts terminology I more than likely will not know what the part is called but if you tell me where to place the jack I can do that. THANKS, Dr.Bigg

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts
If you are just changing your oil, I would use a set of Rhino ramps.
I have no problems using mine and the clearance is plenty to complete the job. If your trying to get it off all fours then I would use a floor jack that will go down to the minimum height of 5 inches (I have a 3 Ton MVP prolift. I think I got it at Autozone). Then all you have to do is follow the lifting instructions posted on this web site
http://www.z06vette.com/diy_lift.php

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks speed ratchet. I am getting tired of paying for something I can do myself and actually enjoy getting out there on the car again. THANKS, Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Remember to have the rear slightly higher than the front to get the most oil out. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts