Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to change the oil yesterday(1650 miles)....bought some Rhino ramps,new hydraulic jack,some jack stands......all the necessities needed to DIY. Went to drive it up on the Rhino ramps and noticed the front spoilers were nearly doubled back by the sharp angle the car approached the ramps at. No way was I going to do that,so back off the ramps I went. Any body out there in Z06 land use the Rhino ramps? These are what I have read most DIY's were using. Must be laying down some other apparatus prior to driving the Vette up the ramp? 2x6's maybe? Any suggestions???
Thanks!
Zman

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wood ramps? I like that, good idea. :)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
great idea !
I've used wood ramps to slide the jack under my harley so that I could service it ! Are you using a 2x10 ? :-? Is everyone using Mobil 1 for their oil changes ?
Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
See the link below to view the Kwik-Lift. I used to use plywood ramps but the lift sure makes life easy.

Used it again this weekend to change the oil/filter and put the snow tires (?!) on the Volvo V70R AWD wagon. Doesn't have the go-go of the Z but takes me where need to go in the crappy weather that moves into these parts about this time of year.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/mxk116/

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Zman, yes, 2x12's. I made three sets, one to get the back up, the second to go upside-down on the back set, so when I pull forward it stays level, and a third to go under the front. This way, for less than $100, I can get the entire car up, on solid wood. I plan to store it for the winter this way. The overhang at the top end is in case I drive too far onto the ramp, the car doesn't get damaged by falling off the fromt of the ramp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts