Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do most of you bring it in to have it serviced, or do you do it yourselves?? If you do it yourself, how do you get the car up?? Do you use ramps, jackstands,??
Almost time for my 2nd oil change /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

S

·
0 Posts
I bring it into the dealer....
I don't want to deal with the old oil, making a mess in my new garage, etc...

S

·
0 Posts

On 2001-08-16 11:33, SMFCPACFP spewed forth this drivel:
I concur with Speedy.

Thanks!

I went to NMU when I was poor, back in 1979-1981, before I got kicked out! Too much partying at the Alibi and the Wooden Nickel.

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I do it myself, I let it drain much longer, run a qt through it it get the last oil out. I just jack up the driver's side about 10 inches and crawl under her. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just did it last weekend. The back of the car is easy. The front is the pain. What I did was take four .5" wood blocks and stack them in a staircase fashion. I then drove the car on top of the wood and that gave me enough ground clearance for my floor jack.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I take it to the dealer, just too lazy to do it myself...

I also then have receipts for my records showing the service, good thing to have for resale time.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you do it yourself, do you only have to jack up the front. I have been thinking about it, and if you only jack up the front, then does that allow all the oil to drain? Or maybe does that send all the oil to the drain hole?
chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dealer. I bring in my own oil and filter, he charges me $12 and lets me watch the whole process.

It does not get any better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link, I was looking at those ramps at PepBoys the other day. I think I'll go pick them up tomm. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts