Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my beautiful pristine red C5 Z06 out for a spin today. I drive maybe 3000 miles per year. Total mileage about 62000. Did a major engine rebuild about 5 years ago at 55000 miles. Mild cam, head work, long tube headers, callaway air induction. She has been purring ever since. Today I got a check engine light and the following codes:
P0102 (MAF low frequency)
P0412 (air solenoid relay control circuit)
P0418 (air pump relay control circuit)
P0443 (?)
P0801 reverse solenoid
P0803 1-4 upshift solenoid

I have not had a code in 4 years and the car runs great. I cant get it into reverse witout tricking it by putting in first and rocking back and forth and then forcing it. I am wondering if this is not more electrical than mechanical with these parts because its strange that they all happened at the same time. Im a banker and not a wrench so I'm at a loss where to start. HELP!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2003 Quicksilver Z06
29 Posts
took my beautiful pristine red C5 Z06 out for a spin today. I drive maybe 3000 miles per year. Total mileage about 62000. Did a major engine rebuild about 5 years ago at 55000 miles. Mild cam, head work, long tube headers, callaway air induction. She has been purring ever since. Today I got a check engine light and the following codes:
P0102 (MAF low frequency)
P0412 (air solenoid relay control circuit)
P0418 (air pump relay control circuit)
P0443 (?)
P0801 reverse solenoid
P0803 1-4 upshift solenoid

I have not had a code in 4 years and the car runs great. I cant get it into reverse witout tricking it by putting in first and rocking back and forth and then forcing it. I am wondering if this is not more electrical than mechanical with these parts because its strange that they all happened at the same time. Im a banker and not a wrench so I'm at a loss where to start. HELP!!!!!
I think you got them all at once because they're related... Recommend take it to a reputable shop or Chevy dealer, who will likely replace solenoids (electromechanical valves). Should not be a major expense, but there's a lot of guys on here that know more than I do!

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Do you keep it on a battery tender? Not sure it would cause these issues, but low batteries are known to cause issues. It seems the less we drive them, the more issues they have.

Reactions: lilesv

·
Premium Member
2003 Quicksilver Z06
29 Posts
Do you keep it on a battery tender? Not sure it would cause these issues, but low batteries are known to cause issues. It seems the less we drive them, the more issues they have.
Totally agree! My '03 is sort of high mileage (150k) because I purchased it in Dec '02 as my daily driver. Thankfully, I've had very few problems with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts