Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a few questions about lifting procedures on the ZO6. Here is my $35.00 solution:
Purchase two scissor-style jacks for $16.00 each. I got mine at Wal-Mart. They collapse to four inches and lift to almost 18". Place at designated lift points as stated in manual at front of vehicle. The rear can be easily lifted by any floor jack and stands. Maintenance is now easy. I also bought 4 hockey pucks at a buck a piece to protect the frame.

Sarge.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hope this is your way of "getting it up" and that once this is accomplished, you you some jack stands for safety:)

:cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Show us some pics of what you mean! Also where did you get your hockey pucks. I tried Academy Sports but they only carry the street hockey pucks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
We have a very difficult time finding hockey pucks down here in the Deep South, so the best thing I have found is to go to Hardees and get 4 breakfast biscuits, and a hot cup of coffee. Drink the coffee, and take the biscuits home. After two days sitting on the workbench, they're like hockey pucks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Hey hockey pucks!!

I just bought my pucks at Sports Authority. I don't know if you Southern boys have that chain down there below the Mason-Dixon Line. If not, and you're really stuck for pucks, shucks, I guess I could put on my muckalucks and shuck on over to SA and maybe supply a few if needed. Give me a shout and I'll see what I can do for y'all.

Charlie

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks Charlie,
To tell you the truth I haven't started looking yet. I think we might have some around the house someplace, I grew up in New England, and Hockey was my game. Have my skates hanging on the back of my workbench pegboard. When people see them they ask if they belonged to somebody famous. :lol: :lol:
Show folks down here a hockey puck and they will try to figure out if it's best deep fried or BBQ'd! :lol:
Stan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your lifting points are described in your owners manual, basically behind the front wheels and inboard about 24 inches. There is a webbed area here and you want at least two webs to lift. That is why I use hockey pucks. A picture is not possible because I am computer illiterate. Pucks are easy to get here in "hockey town", Detroit, MI. If you are really jammed, e-mail me at [email protected] . Remember, you're not here for a long time, just a good time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts