Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this over on crossedflags.com and thought I would pass it along.

Two new raffles have just begun both featuring a 1 in 500 chance to win. Take a chance on a Magnetic Red Coupe for only $250 per ticket.

You also have an opportunity to own one of the new limited quantity Z06 Corvettes and “build it” your way choosing from current factory colors and options. Tickets for the “Build Your Own Z06” raffle are $500 per ticket. We are excited to have the opportunity to offer Corvette raffles such as these as part of our fundraising plans, and appreciate your support. We will draw the winner of the Magnetic Red Corvette at the Z06 Fest event – July 23. The winner of the “Build Your Own” Corvette will be drawn at the C3 Extravaganza event – October 15. Only 500 tickets will be sold on both raffles! Find out more and order your tickets online at:

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/raffle/index.shtml

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was thinking to buy few tickets, anyone know if this is legit?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Redbull said:
I was thinking to buy few tickets, anyone know if this is legit?
It's Legit and I believe it's also Tax Deductible :cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
ok, well i will buy 1 (250$) ticket and 5 ($10)...so, hopefully i win them both, (yeah right). At least there is a chance!

Good luck to me!

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
battles2a5 said:
hmmm... a $500 ticket w/ a 1 in 500 chance of winning. That sounds to me like a creative way to sell at $250,000 Z06. :)
I'm surprised some dealer hasn't thought of this already! :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
IT L GO said:
It's Legit and I believe it's also Tax Deductible :cheers:

Unfortunately it isn't tax deductible because I looked it up. :mad: The IRS considers it gambling even though the Corvette Museum is a non-profit (Pub. 3079 for specifics). That said, it is still a MUCH better chance to win (at 1 in 500) than playing the lottery! :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
This sounds like the greatest deal to me.

I can offer raffles for 5 different Z's and by the time I'm done I can buy my own.

I guess this thread is the "cheapest way to buy a z06".

:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Best odds going, going to win one soon :D
You have a lot of pull Zippy, please draw my # one time. :ity:

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
It certainly is, especially if you have gambling winnings to offset it.

Joe

vettemann7 said:
Unfortunately it isn't tax deductible because I looked it up. :mad: The IRS considers it gambling even though the Corvette Museum is a non-profit (Pub. 3079 for specifics). That said, it is still a MUCH better chance to win (at 1 in 500) than playing the lottery! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts