Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I was driving around town today when the dreaded check engine light came on. It was middle of the afternoon so I decided that I would stop into the local Chevy dealership to see if they could take a quick look at it. Well, they said it would take an hour and half to just pull whatever code it was and since it was 4pm they wouldn't have time to fix whatever it was. I am new to the chevy side of things(been in 2 mustangs the last 6 years) so I thought this was BS but didn't have any data to back that up. I figured they would at least check to see if it was serious or not. So, I agreed to come back later and left kinda irratated. :mah:
But, before I left he gave me the "did you check your gas cap?" line. :mah: Is that their excuse for everything?

So, I come home and check this site's search feature for how to check codes and found a great link from "case2307" on how to check codes. So these are the codes I had:

P0803H (1-4 upshift solenoid control circuit)
C1248H ??? There is no code with this #?
C1221H LF wheel speed sensor is 0
C1222H RF wheel speed sensor is 0
B2206H right window up switch fault

First off, I do have a cags defeat plugin. Is a code normal or is there a problem?
I just had the car dynoed last week and probably set off the speed sensors. Correct?
Don't know what to think about the window fault, it rolls up and down fine.
But this other code worries me because I can't find out what it is. Also, why are these codes coming up as history codes when the check engine light is still currently on? I've doublechecked the codes and that is all. Please help guys.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
You need to go through the manual diagnostics and clear all the codes with the reset button. That should get rid of the check engine light. Then drive the car and see if it comes back on, if it does, then take it back to the dealer.
There are alot of members here that are ALOT more knowledgeable than me about these things, and I'm sure someone will chime in with some better information.... HTH.

Jim

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Checking the codes is a good idea...as is filling up with gas and making sure the gas cap is tight (clicks a few times)

It can cause a problem...believe it or not...

The H at the end of the codes means its a history code

C means its current..

Try filling the car up and tighting the gas cap...

Can't hurt.

Good luck

JB

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Code C1248 has to do with the dynamic rear proportioning control system using the ABS to regulate the cars rear brake pressure.

The service manual states: DTC C1248 "One or more faults have been detected in the EBCM in the ABS/TCS systems."

Check the post listed below. It talks about the code.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29088&highlight=C1248

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT L GO said:
Code C1248 has to do with the dynamic rear proportioning control system using the ABS to regulate the cars rear brake pressure.

The service manual states: DTC C1248 "One or more faults have been detected in the EBCM in the ABS/TCS systems."

Check the post listed below. It talks about the code.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29088&highlight=C1248
Thanks for the link. From that thread it sounds like a normal thing a week after a dyno pull. The weird thing for me was why the check engine light just came on and is still on if these are all history codes. Oh well, reset and keep an eye on it. Thanks again.

Oh yeah, gas cap was tight, so that was not it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts