Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 02 has 846 miles on her and all ready it has a engine lite on anyone have this problem ? i installed my twin intake system i had from the 01 i had at 102 miles on car , i was woundering if lite can be from the intake system or what .. i would think it would have come on way early in my miles .. it is a solid lite , not a blinking one .. very :mad: i hope its not from my intake system .. any one have this problem ?

H

·
0 Posts
Definately the twin intake

Without the MAF screen, turbulence at the mouth of the MAF, or an incorrect idle learn will cause the P0171 and or P0174 codes to pop. You must run the screened MAF with the twin to avoid these codes.

This is why we have only one large filter on the T-1. The two filters provide enough airflow, but the airflow causes extreme turbulence right at the wire pickup. This distubance or tornado type of airflow is the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish. Turbulent airflow is only good when the air/fuel mixture is entering the combustion chamber. There is a patent on that design.

Jim

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Just for the record, I have had the Vortex unit on my '02 for 600 miles - no codes....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt check codes

my scanner sofware dosent support the 02 i have to update sofware .. have dealer appt. on monday to see why the lite is on .. should i leave the twin piece on or go back to stock?how can i check codes ? with out scanner ? thanks for reply guys ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Definately the twin intake

Halltech said:
Without the MAF screen, turbulence at the mouth of the MAF, or an incorrect idle learn will cause the P0171 and or P0174 codes to pop. You must run the screened MAF with the twin to avoid these codes.

This is why we have only one large filter on the T-1. The two filters provide enough airflow, but the airflow causes extreme turbulence right at the wire pickup. This distubance or tornado type of airflow is the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish. Turbulent airflow is only good when the air/fuel mixture is entering the combustion chamber. There is a patent on that design.

Jim
i am very interested in the red kevelar intake system you have .. and air bridge please let me know what i can use for the most power and no engine lite .. i like the red look .. thanks jim .. please let me know ..

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
To get the codes ..

Turn on ignition, but don't start the car.

Hold down the Options button, and while holding it, press Fuel 4 times within ten seconds.

The codes will begin appearing on your DIC. It will cycle thru all the modules, and show all the codes for each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts