Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the check engine light today and pulled the codes.
10 PCM 1 code
P0200
60 IPC 2 codes
B0516
B0521
Any ideas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I could not find the P0200 code, but here are the others.

B0516 Speedometer Signal Circuit Malfunction
B0521 Tachometer Signal Circuit Malfunction

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the P200 code, it is an Injector Control Circuit. Does this point to a problem? I also might add this...I was in a small Texas town and got some gas there, could this be bad gas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Hopefully our Vette Doctor will check in soon to give you a hand. If anyone would know the answer, he does.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hello Day, and welcome,
P0200 is an injector control circuit malfunction, and can be traced to a few things. You have not added if the code is an H or a C. I need to know which it is.
Then, a few questions, forst, is the engine idling a little rougher than normal? Next, at anytime did the SES light flash once per second??
This code is basically telling you that either the PCM cannot see correct voltage to the injector control circuit, or the grounding path is not correct.
Please answer these questions, and I can proceed. This code is not a cylinder specific, like a misfire, so I will need these questions answered.
Dont worry, we can handle this, best to ya, and welcome once again, c4c5

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The message is an H code, I do not remember seeing the flashing. The engine idles fine, but it has stuck once in a high RPM before. I dont know if any of the codes has been there before or they all came at once.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
Your nex tmove will be to erase the code, and see if it comes back.
The engine isnt running rough, so all your injectors are working correctly. It could be an internal glitch within the PCM.
Erase the code, and see if it returns, best to you, c4c5

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reset the codes, and it has not returned. I have noticed that the car will come to 1100 rpms for about 10 seconds and then go to 800 rpms now. I dont know if it has always done this and I am just looking for something now, or if it is normal. I have ordered the Haltech TRIC/MAG and B&B shorties and do not want any probs now to lead me to think the mods are a prob later. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I'm back. The check engine light came on again! One code the same, but I got 3 new ones?
10 PCM:
P0200 H (injector control circiut)
28 TCS:
C1221 H (LF Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0)
C1222 H (RF Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0)
C1248 H (?????)

Do I have a short somewhere, or some real probs here?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Day,

Wish I could help you, but I could not find a code for C1248. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I'm wondering if you may have a bad ground. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif My Z came in with a bad ground.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
Was the car run with the rear tires off the ground???
The 0200 code has to be diagnosed.
As for the ABS codes, you have the 2 front wheel speed sensors codes, which would tell me that the car was running with the front tires not spinning, or if the rear wheels were off the ground.
As for the 1248, this is a direct result of the 2 front wheel speed codes, and will be gone after the wheel speed codes are cleared.
Let me know what happened, c4c5

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I was just going down the road at a normal speed for once. The light came on, so I went home and checked. I did have the car on a dyno two days earlier, and did not look to see if the codes were there. I bet that was it though, front tires do not turn on the dyno.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was about 2 sheets in the wind ($hit faced) one night between San Antonio and Corpus C and we were very close to the 160 mph peg on the speedo and we hit a South Texas speed bump called an Armadillo!! Check to see if this could have caused you to go AIR BORN!!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts