Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
All orders marked as built before 9-22 will be removed tonight!!!!

Also, DO NOT add your name twice to the list!!!!!! Duplicate orders will be removed. This only makes fastdogs response harder....


JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
1fastdog, I noticed a lot of orders have "please update" next to them but I didn't put that next to mine. Do I need to do that to have my order updated or do you update all of them anyway and how often?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beggar said:
1fastdog, I noticed a lot of orders have "please update" next to them but I didn't put that next to mine. Do I need to do that to have my order updated or do you update all of them anyway and how often?
I tend to review TPW's that occur during a week that is present tense daily.

I would prefer if folks can update the update request with a date the update is requested.

Not much is going to happen on an order that is at 3400 and the TPW is a week out... the update will be 3400.

I'm not sure folks have the abitily to change the info in the sequence space. If you can, put please update and the date you are asking.

What gets a little rough is multiple entries... maybe JC can address that, to delete the first entry when a second is made. I don't memorize the order numbers. When I update the list I update them all... it does get a bit redundant.

It'll all work out no doubt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Hi 1fastdog, I was hoping you could track Canadian orders but I guess I am SOL:(

Thanks for responding to my addition anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,738 Posts
Fastdog,

Sorry for my multiple entries.I guess you could say i was a little anxious.Thanks for straightning it out.Greg:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Sorry for adding my entry again last week. :( I changed order #'s and there did not seem to be any way for me to "edit" my original entry in the seq.php page. Then when it came back with no seq. and no TPW, I was confused because my dealer told me TPW of 10/8, but did not see any update. I didn't want to add another entry, but did and saw update of #3000, but still no TPW. What's the best way to get updates? Dealer still insists TPW of 10/8/01 :-? But I trust 1FD more :D .

Can 1FD enter the updated date in the seq. # or can a moderator change the column heading from Seq. # to "Date updated" . This might reduce multiple entries. I don't think members were aware that the Dog was updating all entries each time. WOW... that's a lot of time.

Thanks for all you do 1FD.. it does make the wait a little easier. I don't know what I'd do without this forum. As it is I'm going INSANE!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx2.net said:
Sorry for adding my entry again last week. :( I changed order #'s and there did not seem to be any way for me to "edit" my original entry in the seq.php page. Then when it came back with no seq. and no TPW, I was confused because my dealer told me TPW of 10/8, but did not see any update. I didn't want to add another entry, but did and saw update of #3000, but still no TPW. What's the best way to get updates? Dealer still insists TPW of 10/8/01 :-? But I trust 1FD more :D .

Can 1FD enter the updated date in the seq. # or can a moderator change the column heading from Seq. # to "Date updated" . This might reduce multiple entries. I don't think members were aware that the Dog was updating all entries each time. WOW... that's a lot of time.

Thanks for all you do 1FD.. it does make the wait a little easier. I don't know what I'd do without this forum. As it is I'm going INSANE!!!
the TPW the dealer advised you of may hold true. My policy is no TPW until it reaches 3100. It's better if I tell you something that's the most reliable, agreed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
1fastdog said:
the TPW the dealer advised you of may hold true. My policy is no TPW until it reaches 3100. It's better if I tell you something that's the most reliable, agreed?
Ah.. that's great.. I'll just assume you'll see the last entry in the seq.php and update it when it changes... :D

Thanks again.. It really does help... I can't wait to see #3100 at least.. then I'll have the brutal wait to #3400 and #3800...

Come on #3100... :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
Just FYI, there are no provisions for users to edit their entries.

Since dog updates cars that are not built, leaving one entry in the page should be sufficient. Dog, maybe you can suggest a way to streamline this, or maybe just update all entries weekly?

IDK :)

JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
delivery

my dealer called me today on 9/26/01 to inform me my c5 with a tpw of 9/24 01 was built. does anyone have an idea when the car will arrive ( destination new jersey, bergen county ). appreciate the feedback? was just wondering if i will have it this weekend? my hre 545's have arrived and just trying to put it all together......................thanks !!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
N4C5S said:
Just FYI, there are no provisions for users to edit their entries.

Since dog updates cars that are not built, leaving one entry in the page should be sufficient. Dog, maybe you can suggest a way to streamline this, or maybe just update all entries weekly?

IDK :)

JC
Get rid of the redundant enties. I have AT LEAST updated the list weekly.

If everyone is good to go with that, then that's the best.

A separate page with the "builts" is maybe cool because folks can lose heart while waiting, and those that have their car don't really care about updates.

After a car is built the dealer can certainly track it.

I don't have the ability to delete an entry in total.

I do know when things tend to change as far a VOMS goes. I would hope someone at 3000 can live with a weekly update. I review cars TPW'ed in the persent week twice a day...this should suffice too. I would hope.

I certainly don't mind looking up an order when folks are curious. The drawback is when I do a total list update. I don't wantto leave anyone out, but it's getting to be a large list without reason...if you know what I mean. I don't want doing this to become unmanageable. If it does I'll have to put a halt to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
You guys are Awesome!!! :guiness: :guiness:

Link and page looks much better....

You may want to have two date fields at the top that 1FD can change.

One labled: Status last updated
One labled: Status next update

This way everyone will know when it was last updated and when they should check back for the next update. I think it will keep the list from multiple entries as new members join.

Thanks again 1FD...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thx2.net said:
You guys are Awesome!!! :guiness: :guiness:

Link and page looks much better....

You may want to have two date fields at the top that 1FD can change.

One labled: Status last updated
One labled: Status next update

This way everyone will know when it was last updated and when they should check back for the next update. I think it will keep the list from multiple entries as new members join.

Thanks again 1FD...
No sweat!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top