Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I posted a thread up in this section and for the life of me I can not figure out why my threads get moved all the time.

There are 4 times as many views in this section and I thought that the In Car Video from the Mid Ohio World Challenge race would be of interest to all the forum members.

Can someone enlighten me as to why I can not post in this section.

Thanks guys

Lou Gigliotti LGM

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I guess the mods want to keep all the postings under titles, eg. racing stuff in the racing section, now detailing in the new "Detail section", etc. Lou, thanks for taking the time to post your race videos. :jammin:

Bob :D

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
Hi Guys,

I posted a thread up in this section and for the life of me I can not figure out why my threads get moved all the time.

There are 4 times as many views in this section and I thought that the In Car Video from the Mid Ohio World Challenge race would be of interest to all the forum members.

Can someone enlighten me as to why I can not post in this section.

Thanks guys

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Wow Lou, that's a tough question!

Let me think for a second.............maybe the mods saw the threads you posted in Pit Road, where you talked about and posted a vid of your race, and said to themselves..."This thread should be in the Racing Section" :idea:

Ya think.......

Mike

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
MikesZ06 said:
Wow Lou, that's a tough question!

Let me think for a second.............maybe the mods saw the threads you posted in Pit Road, where you talked about and posted a vid of your race, and said to themselves..."This thread should be in the Racing Section" :idea:

Ya think.......

Mike
There you go again mike. Your premise is that a subject that would be of interest to the entire Z06Vette forum can only be put in a section that is labled as such.

That logic eliminates 75% of the forum members, who don't go to the racing section, from enjoying and participating in a subject that is not only Corvette related but involves an uncommon experience.

This is a forum for the benefit of the members and running this like a government agency rather than a public forum to pass on information in a friendly manner is counter productive.

Mayby you should change the name from Pit Road (which is racing related) to something more generic.

The racing section is described as follows:"Discuss your 1/4 times, dyno results, C5R, etc. THIS IS NOT A KILL SECTION."

I was not running a 1/4 mile

And as for "Things of a technical nature", it doesn't get more technical than road racing against the factory teams.

Each section has its regulars. i was just trying to reach the most regulars with one thread and show them what a Corvette World Challenge race car might be like from inside of it during a race.

If some of the Forum members have wondered why I don't post on this forum much, it is because 90% of my threads get moved for one reason or another.

And you might have noticed the condescending tone from Mike to a forum sponsor.

We serve the Corvette community in a positive way. Being chased off a forum for posting words in the "wrong" section of Cyberspace seems a little unimportant.

LG

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
The Pit Road section, where you posted your Racing thread and your Racing vid, is for....
"Post comments or questions of a technical nature here. Modifications, appearance mods are all a go here."

The Racing section is for......well, Racing!

Your posts were moved by a moderator appropriately.

Should you choose to open your own site, you are free to set up the rules as you please.

Mike

We serve the Corvette community in a positive way. Being chased off a forum for posting words in the "wrong" section of Cyberspace seems a little unimportant.
Threatening to 'leave' a forum because you are forced to follow the same rules as other vendors and members seems a little "unimportant" too.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And we all know how important rules are, especially when posting words in cyperspace.

I truly know the meaning of life now. We are here on earth to keep words in the proper box.

ciao.

LG

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Lou,

Not really sure why you have such a hard time with the thought that we are trying to keep content stored in an organized fashion. This is simple filing cabinet mentality, a place for everything and everything in its place.

In the world you describe we would only need a single forum and everyone would post whatever they want in that place, leaving the poor user to sift through mountains of extranious material in order to find the content that they most want to see. This makes little to no logical sense from an orginazation standpoint, and I am sure that in your back office of LG Motorsports you have all of your information neatly stored away for easy retrieval.

Please stop the whining, we move everyone's posts when they are placed in the wrong forum, in an effort to keep this place as organized and as easy to use as possible. Your inability to follow the most basic organizational rules baffles the mind, your "my stuff is more important" attitude is rather insulting, and your overall attitude is, well, childish.

I enjoy watching the videos that you post, they are interesting to view, but it is Racing subject matter, and simply belongs in the Racing drawer of this filing cabinet. Those that are truly interested in watching the video will find it, because they are Racing fans, and they will have the normal intelligence to think to themselves, "if I were a racing video, where whould I be, oh yeah, the Racing forum..."

Please stop the whining, put your posts where they belong the first time, and we won't ever have to move one of your precious posts ever again. Keep ignoring the rules that everyone else seems to have no problem with, and we will simply keep moving your posts to the apporpriate place.

Mark

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I guess it boils down to what you think is relevant and what lable you decide to place on a topic. I can give you plenty of examples of miss placed threads but they seem to be overlooked if it is your vendor of choice.

Everything except waxing and politics is "Racing" when we are talking to a Corvette owner.

I am not whinning but lamenting that this forum has stiffled revelevant discussion.

As a vendor I have had many of my posts moved to the "NEW PRODUCT" section and I was told that it constituted an "Advertisement". Posting technical results is not an advertisement.

And I was told that I should not try to sell parts on this forum unless it is in the new products section. Well not all of what I sell is a New product. Nearly every thread I have posted on this forum has been moved. I was told point blank that if my customer posted his dyno results it would be ok but if I post it for them it will be moved. Sounds like it is not content but source that you are censoring.

Some vendors have "Shills" that come in and pimp their products. I prefer to speak directly to the forum members rather than let an internet warrior who gets discounts speak for me and my company.

At any rate, it is a mute point. It is the Forum members that suffer when you bannish a vendor to a quiet corner so the important topics like boobs and butts can be discussed.

Later,

Lou G

Mdickie, Here is an example of the hipocricy. here is a thread not unlike mine that you participated in:

Some videos from Corvette Challenge Pro 8

Of course that was not racing, well maybe it was ??

You see that thread was not moved to the racing section. I follow not only rules but example.

So I assume that I can post up my video links on the "Grandstand" section?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Lou, we will find your Vids no matter where they are placed. They are always great to watch. Lighten up it's better for your blood pressure.:z: :z:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I agree with IT L GO. The video you posted is outstanding. I found myself reviewing and studying the lines, the action, etc. for quite some time this morning.

I am a fan of yours. Keep up the good work.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Great video, really gives you a taste of what it is like to get off the porch and be a big dog! :D

Perhaps there could be a video section? A few sites have this topic and makes for a nice alternate when you just want to right click and watch car vids. I'm sure there would be the typical reposts of Paris Hilton but with some guidance, it would be in the top of the visited forums. :thumb:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
God bless you guys. It is guys like you that make the Corvette market worth being involved in.

My goal for this year is to win just 1 race. I have won no less than one race in every season of World Challenge that I have run in except 2004.

I do not plan to have 2 dry years in a row. Stay tuned.

We have the new site www.lgmracing.com that we bought just to host our racing video. We should have one up for 10 of the 11 races this season.

Paris Hilton? I didn't know that she raced cars. :lol:

Thanks again.

Lou G

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Agree.
Give folks a heads up on pit road.

;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
Paris Hilton? I didn't know that she raced cars. :lol:
Lou G
Ah, but she has washed a few! :rofl:

But then she would then be placed in "Detailing." :lol:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
I am not whinning but lamenting that this forum has stiffled revelevant discussion.
Lou, relevant discussion takes place every single hour of every single day on this site. Perhaps you should read some of the other threads besides your own.

Posting technical results is not an advertisement.
I believe in one of our e-mail discussions, your statement was something like this...."Of course, I am advertising or I would not be there just as a “donor” to your site." Lou, there is never a problem for a site vendor to advertise here, you just do it in the sections you agreed to when you became a site vendor. Every other vendor on this site has the same agreement.

And I was told that I should not try to sell parts on this forum unless it is in the new products section. Well not all of what I sell is a New product. Nearly every thread I have posted on this forum has been moved. I was told point blank that if my customer posted his dyno results it would be ok but if I post it for them it will be moved. Sounds like it is not content but source that you are censoring.
Actually, you were told from the get-go that you could to advertise and sell your products in either the 'New Products' section or the 'For Sale' section. That was part of your agreement when you became a site vendor. It's just that you have to be reminded every day of the agreement between you and the site. Although you exaggerate tremendously about the number of threads moved, I will agree with you that you have posted more advertising in the wrong section than any other vendor on this site. Probably more than all the rest put together. Hence, more of your posts have been moved.
We (the mods) move approximately 10 to 20 posts per day for members (and sometimes vendors) who have posted in the wrong section. I'm sorry that you feel picked on, it's just that you (intentionally) post in the wrong section far more than any other vendor and therefore your posts get moved more than others.

Let's face it, Lou. We've had this discussion so many many times before. You don't mind us moving the posts of members if they are in the wrong place...you don't mind us moving the posts of other vendors if they are in the wrong place (you've even sent pm's notifying us of other vendors posts)....you just mind us moving your posts if they are in the wrong section. You have said time and time again that you should be able to post whatever you want, wherever you want irregardless of how we treat others. It's not gonna happen!

So I assume that I can post up my video links on the "Grandstand" section?
They will be moved!

Hopefully one day you will understand Lou, that we have no problem at all with you advertising, we applaud and welcome you sharing your success at the track and we encourage any new products you create or sell that give us and our members a better performance car. We simply ask that you post these things in the proper (and previously agreed upon) sections. That's not really too much to ask now, is it!

Mike

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I would never look in the New Products or F/S section for my racing items or new products. I look for who is using what and there experience with the product during use. That's just me I guess. I haven't looked but I doubt as many look in either vs. Pit Road or Racing section. Vendors are looking for some exposure and bang for the buck I guess. Just my opinion and not my forum.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Racing posts belongs in racing section..what's so complicated about that?

Zippy :bang: :bang:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
The racing section sucks, thats why he posted in the pit road sectin. IF the mods overlook it more people will be able to view it. If its something special and worth it the mods should bend the rules a little bit. It doesnt make sense to stick to the rules if we can use our brains.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.