Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you guys already do this, but just a reminder.....to check your tires peridocially for FOD (Foreign Object Debris).

I generally look them over while washing the car real closely, and after extended trips. Found a small piece of metal in the RR tire recently that had not had time to work it's way all the way through the tire. Pulled it out with a pliers and put the spit test to it. Fortunately, no leak. Had I driven on it much longer a flat tire and or repair would have resulted.

I still remenber Frank's encounter with the inflator kit, and don't want to use it if at all possible. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Dennis that is because Frank is hanging out at those seedy bars and parking his car in the back behind the dumpsters so someone will not see his car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif that is where he picks up those flat tires. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Thanks Carl,

I had two (2) flats last week. First ones in 10+ years. One on my truck (had a screw in it) and one on the Vette (had a hole that look like nail or screw). Spent all Sat. afternoon at the tire shop get them fixed.

But at least Carl you have set me straight on where I picked up the crap...at Franks watering hole.

LMAO

George

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Magic, I think you have something to do with Franks problems. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif or is he the bad influence and your just the innocent bystander /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
What timing... I found a nail in my rear tire. Now I gotta figure out who to take to it to for repair. I hate it when she has to be lifted.

Don
QSZ06

On 2001-06-11 14:44, Dennis Jurs spewed forth this drivel:
I know a lot of you guys already do this, but just a reminder.....to check your tires peridocially for FOD (Foreign Object Debris).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts