Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I travel frequently with my job and find myself stopping at Chevy dealers just to look around at their vettes and maybe find someone to talk a little Z06.

Anybody else do this, or am I beginning to become a little obsessed?

Black/Black Z06
Extreme Z06 Exhaust Plate

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well, I believe your username answers your question! I live next door to the local Chevy dealer General Manager. He is probably getting tired of me coming over on weekends and standing around his garage talking vettes and other muscle cars. Oh well, at least he got to drive my Z a few times! That should be worth me hanging around.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Fanatical 1:

Glad to hear I am not the only one! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I frequently drive thru, and around Chevy dealers checking out what Vets they have. There are over 30 in the Metro Detroit area, and some are as close as 4-5 miles between each other. Usually do it on Sundays when they are closed to avoid being chased down by Salesman. Some of the small town Chevy dealers have a classic 60's Vets on their showroom (not for sale)!
It's fun checking out various dealers in our travels. A small dealer in Ontario along Route 3 has a one car showroom and there sits a mid 60's fuelie! It is cordoned off and the sales guy says every one always asks if it's for sale....Owner says no. It has been there for at least 5 years that I know of. I think it is Alymer, Ontario.

Still Lookin! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Red/Black Z

·
Registered
601 Posts
There are only 4 Chevy dealers in the Jacksonville, Fl area and Vettes are pretty scarce on their lots. I get my Corvette "fix" at the local car shows and cruise-ins.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
We have a local dlr with calloways, greenwoods and a primo 63 split in the showroom. I get kicked out twice a week for drooling on everything /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
442 Posts
We've got a dealer in Ft Lupton that has a Corvette Show Room separate from the main dealership. Its always a good time to go by and visit. Its Perifoy Chevrolet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The only thing rarer than a new Vette in the showroom of a Chevy dealer around here is a Chevy salesman that knows something about one when they do have one!

Two days ago I saw an auto transporter going through the area, heading North towards Minnesota, that had eight new Vettes on it including two red and one yellow Z06s. Just about ran off the road staring at that truck load!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts