Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a chrome piece to go between the
red rocker covers (to cover the black intake manifold).
Ecklers has them listed but says "except z06".
Will it still work?
Any thoughts on a vendor that has them for the z06?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Captain,

Like this one?? This is from Design Specialties. The cover I currently have has Z06 etched on the sides...very nice and high quality.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the one!

Frank,
Got a website for DS, or a supporting vendor?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The chrome intake cover offered by Ecklers is the very same one sold by Zip Products. It will fit all '01 Z06's. IMHO it looks much better than the other ones on the market & doesn't have the holes in it on each side of the cover. The 'Zip' chrome cover is more expensive, but covers the entire intake from side to side. I for one, do not understand why Ecklers maintains that it will not fit Z06s. Mine went on in 10 minutes with no problems at all!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also forgot to mention that the Ecklers/Zip Products intake cover is bolted in at the front and at the rear. I believe that all of the other ones on the market just sit on the intake & do not 'hard mount'. I wanted the peace of mind to know that it would bolt down tight & not just be sitting freely on the intake.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I am selling tons but trust me there is not much money in polish or waxes unless you the manufacturer, I believe it was selling my companies that allows me to live the way I do. ;)

G

·
Wondering minds would ask,
how much heat is retained or increased in parts like the coils and fuel rails when they are covered so pretty and not getting any air movement ?

I leave those fancy covers off mine esp in the sumrer temps and racing hard.

John

fyrcaptain said:
I am looking for a chrome piece to go between the
red rocker covers (to cover the black intake manifold).
Ecklers has them listed but says "except z06".
Will it still work?
Any thoughts on a vendor that has them for the z06?

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Carl, that white plastic brake fluid reservoir has to go. Just kidding, looks very nice, I guess I should sell my small company!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I has a brake cover made in chrome along with a chrome alternator after the pixs wer taken, I went from working 75 hours a week and employing over 350 people to retirement, and I am bored to death and looking for something to get involved in, or I may have to get married, and we do not want that to happen. :(

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frank, Carl, MDV,
Thanks! Just the info I wanted:) :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Re: Chrome Intake Manifold Cover

teamzr1 said:
Wondering minds would ask,
how much heat is retained or increased in parts like the coils and fuel rails when they are covered so pretty and not getting any air movement ?
That too is a concern of mine!! Emmisivity factors are very low, probably a .05 if that!! The chrome will NOT disperse heat!!

DISCLAIMER....I teach thermodynamics.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Chrome Intake Manifold Cover

Well I thermal mapped mine with a thermal probe and reason I leave that fancy stuff off, besides they do not use a metal intake manifold for no reason, thus if you cover that center space also the intake is trapped, with zero airflow.

If you look at other G.M makes ( like my '99 GMAC vortec engine, pickup) they come without anything covering up those coils that are puttig out heat themselves and high heat is load to coils.

fcalmes said:

That too is a concern of mine!! Emmisivity factors are very low, probably a .05 if that!! The chrome will NOT disperse heat!!

DISCLAIMER....I teach thermodynamics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great engine bays!!!!
I went with a different look - engine paint by Autobuff's and intake manifold by C5reations.

Ron Robertson
2001 TR/Mod Red Z06

1 - 19 of 19 Posts