Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 03 Z about 3 weeks ago, and was wondering if my chrome exhaust tips are a stock item. I was following another Z today, and I noticed his exhaust tips were like the regular vette--just the normal pipes. Thanks.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The tips on a stock Z06 are made from Titanium as well as all of the catback system. Stock Z06 tips are larger than a regular C5 and are round and not oval like the regular C5. :cheers:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look like they are mounted ooutside the pipe itself, and they polish up nice with chrome polish. I want to be all original so I'm going to crawl down there and look to see how they are mounted. I know they ride over the pipe, and I've heard titanium will not stay shiny for long, so maybe the general tried to clean things up a bit back there?.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
firsttimevette said:
They look like they are mounted outside the pipe itself, and they polish up nice with chrome polish. I want to be all original so I'm going to crawl down there and look to see how they are mounted. I know they ride over the pipe, and I've heard titanium will not stay shiny for long, so maybe the general tried to clean things up a bit back there?.

The Titanium tips look like Stainless Steel and will never rust and polish up fine and require very little maintenance. They are not quite as shiny as chrome and look :coo: IMO.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, crawled under there and I can see they're welded to the pipes..original! I hope they stay shiny. While I was under there, I cleaned up the aluminum sub-frame as it looks pretty trick when people are behind you and see basically a race car frame!! Gotta luv these cars!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I use a product called "semi-chrome" on mine. It comes in a small tube and I think I picked it up at the Harley dealer. A little dab will do ya! :usa:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts