Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on my chrome reproductions today. I really like the look but had several questions. The wheels seemed to require a large number of weights to balance them - Is that usual for reproductions? Would OEM's have been better in that respect?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't know about the chromed factory wheels, but I do know my repro chromies from corvette mike took lots of weight to balance.

They look great, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
chromeee

damn...
those look good..
any wobble or shimmy at speed ?

damn..
those look good..sure would look good on electron blue !!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
It looks very good. I like the chrome wheels on the black, red and blue ZO6s. Very nice :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ron,

Your rims look great, just curious what rotors did you go with on your Z06?

Big T (Tim)

·
Registered
14 Posts
RPOZ06,

The wheels look great! I went with the OEM ones simply because the repros weren't available at the time....I could'a been BS'd. 2 of mine balanced out with no additional weight. The other two balanced out with very little. I have seen it go both ways however, repro, or OEM.

-Russ-

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I know the feeling, have the same rims, they really change and, IMHO, enhance the look of the car...

Enjoy
Mark

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
RPO,

Wheels look great. What's next?????????????

:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone - I was really surprised how much it changed the look of the car.
You decide:
Before

After

wvphoto - no shimmy at speed - feels very good in fact
Big T - they are Baer Eradispeeds and I really like them
gotto41 - I think I am going to lose the clear side markers and tone the rear of the car down with ambers. I am also going to do a little more interior work and I've got a set of Corsa Indy's/x pipe just waiting for me!

Again thanks:D

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have the OEM chromes. A couple of them took quite a bit of weight and couple took very little. Don't know why, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Brake Dust?

Chrome rims look awesome. How do they show the brake dust? The 2002 Z06 seems to generate so much brake dust and the stock rims appear to be colored to help mask the dust (gray color). I am wondering what chrome rims look like after a day of driving. Are they any easier or more difficult to clean?

- Charley

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
jnation,

Those look fantastic. I like the way that they are not as shiny as the chrome rims but still very light and bright.

- Charley

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
jnation

Boy those are some awesome looking wheels ! I also bought my car from Rick D. and was very pleased with the experience. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts