Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of you have put Chrome Wheels on the car.
My question is, Would you have gone for high polish if they were readily available like the chrome?
If not, why?

I like the look of the brighter wheels, and am looking to upgrade soon, but am still tossing both ideas around.

chris

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
chrisj

That was bounced around, there is a co in LI doing the high polish then clearcoat, cnt remember the name but they looked good, try some searches of posts...............

:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
The company that was discussed earlier is Wheels America, www.fixrim.com

They claim to repair, high polish, and clearcoat rims for about $110 per wheel.

I bought the chromies, and I love them. I plan on sending my damaged originals to these guys to have them repaired, polished, and clearcoated, and then I can have two sets of rims, or sell one set...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.
I called them today before I put the post up. The guy I talked to in the Houston store quoted me a similar price. He said that having them polished was a difficult task and that over time the polish would begin to lose some of its shine.
The also wanted just over $200 per wheel for the chroming.

mdickie, I would be very interested in seeing some pics if you get yours polished.

Thanks for the advice guys.
chris

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I really like the Chrome wheels on my QS Z:) Something about Silver on Silver. On black Z's stock wheels or chrome look great!

Total cost was $650.00, and they gave me loaner wheels. Took exactly 1 week as promised.

My advice, get some pics of both type wheels with your body color, or better see in person, and make your personal pick. I think chrome or polished would look great on your car.....you can't make a mistake as the "look" is very close. I had HRE 540's on my last car, the centers were chrome, but they recommended polished rims rather than chrome as the HRE aluminum rims tend to flex and the chrome doesn't, and you get cracking in the chrome.

It was really difficult to tell that the rims were not chromed. I mean you really had to look hard to see any difference. The Z wheels won't flex, so that's not a problem. Also, after 2 years the polished rims were still looking 100% beautiful. The polish holds up on HRE's.

HTH,
01ZEE06

1 - 6 of 6 Posts