Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to dress up my engine compartment a little more. I have most everything covered in carbon fiber except the generator . Does anyone have a good source for a replacement generator where the case has been chromed for a LS6 engine?

In the C5 parts catalog for 01-02 there are two generator models part numbers. One is for a (MM6,M12) and the second type is for a (M30). What does this mean? If can look up the right number and nomenclature I can start shopping in Jeg's and Summit Racing but I must id the correct type of generator I have.

Sidenote. The parts catalog refers to this as a generator instead of an alternator. I thought we stopped using generators in the 50/60's??

·
21,394 Posts
panzer said:
Sidenote. The parts ctalog refers to this as a generator instead of an alternator. I thought we stopped using generators in the 50/60's??
You are correct sir. You no longer find generators on cars.

Doesn't Ecklers or Mid America carry chromed alternators?

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negative on MADVET but $900 from Eckler's :eek: :eek2: Someone in the hotrod community has to have them cheaper?

·
21,394 Posts
I know it would be a lot of work but you might be able to polish the housing to a nice, chrome like finish.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
panzer said:
Negative on MADVET but $900 from Eckler's :eek: :eek2: Someone in the hotrod community has to have them cheaper?
Take off yourself and then take it to a shop and have it dissembled. Either polish it yourself (that's what I did) or have a Chrome Plater do it. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is a daily driver so I would prefer to buy the chromed one. That means minimal down time and gives me a spare. :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
panzer said:
My car is a daily driver so I would prefer to buy the chromed one. That means minimal down time and gives me a spare. :D
Contact Street & Performance in Mena, Arkansas they will fix you up. Sent you a PM

·
Registered
128 Posts
IT L GO said:
Contact Street & Performance in Mena, Arkansas they will fix you up. Sent you a PM
I know this is an old post, but I am looking for a chrome alternator myself for my 2002 Z. Do you happen to have contact info for this shop?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Rich Z said:
I know this is an old post, but I am looking for a chrome alternator myself for my 2002 Z. Do you happen to have contact info for this shop?

Thanks.
PM sent :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts