Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had the CCW 505a rims chromed?? I am thinking about it as it would be alot easier to maintain.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I've seen a set. Yes easier to maintain. Chrome rims are tacky IMO and don't belong on a Sports Car. :NoNo:

·
Registered
415 Posts
It would be a crime against nature.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Go for it. Chrome is sooo easy to clean. These guys dont know what they're talking about. 99% of people cant tell the difference between chrome and polished just by looking.

·
Registered
415 Posts
alexWS6 said:
Go for it. Chrome is sooo easy to clean. These guys dont know what they're talking about. 99% of people cant tell the difference between chrome and polished just by looking.
Yes, but the wheel will know ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
KillerVette said:
Hmm... the rims that were on my Saleen were chrome
That's understandable. It takes a lot of "bling" to polish a turd. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JK, I couldn't resist

·
Registered
125 Posts
Polished wheels cleaned up really well and polished look just like Chrome wheels. There is a very little visual difference especially when you're not up on the rim.

The only disadvantage that I can see to Chrome is the weight. Other than that- its easier to maintain, look the same, etc.

Polished is a bitch to maintain.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
KillerVette said:
Hmm... the rims that were on my Saleen were chrome
'nuff said :lol:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Go w/ chrome, they look great!

·
Registered
77 Posts
GEORGE VARGA said:
mine are crome ,easy to maintain and look great ,go for it
Hi George -

I would sure like to see a picture of your vette with Chrome CCW 505A's.

Contrary to popular opinion, not everone thinks chrome has gone by the wayside. :jammin: :lol:

I have the polished wheels and would like chrome plate, but have resisted due to the logistics.

West Coast Corvettes can get it done for you if you ask them real nice.

best regards -

mqqn

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would like to see them too, I got 505A's on my 03

·
Registered
882 Posts
Chrome is so easy to maintain and attracts the attention! :sneaky:

I have had polished compared to mine and you could tell from a distance that the chrome was more reflective. ;)

To each their own -- enjoy! :coo:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I got the 505's and they look great, but are a bitch to clean. I got forearms like Popeye, after all the cleanin. I would definately have them chromed just to stop me having to clean em. If you have em chromed, doesn't it flake off after a while? If anyone comes up with a good solution, let me know :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts