Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 2002 TR/BLK Z06 with 11k miles. I'm super happy with the car. I kind of want to drive it alot and was very interested in getting a clear bra. I was wondering if the southern california vette owners could help me out by chiming in and letting me know where(or business name) you got ur clear bra installed, how much, and ur opinion of the final outcome(like does it come to close to the edge and how it looks on a Red car). I was also wondering about z06 or corvette clubs in southern cal area. Thanks.

P.S. I did a search and want more specific names of installers and the locations. If Z06MACHINE is reading this i was wondering what the name of the place u got ur's installed. Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got a clear bra installed, and I'm honestly not happy with it. IMO its just really hard to keep clean, especially since my car is black. The edges get dirt/wax buildup and its a PITA to just sit there with a tooth brush and remove residue after every wash. The lines caused by that buildup make it look like theres a scratch on your car. Anyway, the bra did prevent stones from chipping the paint, but I had it removed anyway. For the most part, the only places that get chipped easily are on the sides behind the front wheels especially. Best bet is to use mudgaurds.

·
Registered
653 Posts
www. xpel. com <--- is that legal. :D

I have it on mine...I like it. There is one place where there is build up, but doesnt bother me much. I can honestly say that the person that installs it has to do with it...I also have it on my S4 and they didnt do a good job. Diff place installed that one. I paid $700 for the Z, front hood, bumper, lights, mirrors, front and back of wheel wells, and the back near my trunk.

DeNguyen, where did you get yours installed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had mines installed at customized motorwerks in fremont. Again, I think its more the fact that my car is black, and just the slightest amount of dirt buildup on the edges will make it very visible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I'm going with armorguard . This will be placed on my TR z06

·
Registered
15 Posts
alchemistz06 said:
I just got an 2002 TR/BLK Z06 with 11k miles. I'm super happy with the car. I kind of want to drive it alot and was very interested in getting a clear bra. I was wondering if the southern california vette owners could help me out by chiming in and letting me know where(or business name) you got ur clear bra installed, how much, and ur opinion of the final outcome(like does it come to close to the edge and how it looks on a Red car). I was also wondering about z06 or corvette clubs in southern cal area. Thanks.

P.S. I did a search and want more specific names of installers and the locations. If Z06MACHINE is reading this i was wondering what the name of the place u got ur's installed. Thanks
I went with Premier Mobile on my C6 and Modena. The film they used was clearer than the 3m stuff I had them remove. In the Bay Area/ So Cal, there's no one better. They also have really large material that can add extra protection to the hood and side areas. If you are interested, give Sam at Premier a call. [email protected]. Hope you get your car protected soon. :jammin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts