Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a decent clear license plate cover? I've seen only one -- but it was really thin and flexable. I would like to find one that is thicker and stiff like the OEM cover.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
:D:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
I live in a state that requires a front license plate :roll: .... so here is my front plate. BTW, I have had 1 ticket for not displaying a front plate and Sherylann has had 3. They can bill me once a month, still not putting one on. UGLY!! :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
fcalmes said:
I live in a state that requires a front license plate :roll: .... so here is my front plate. BTW, I have had 1 ticket for not displaying a front plate and Sherylann has had 3. They can bill me once a month, still not putting one on. UGLY!! :D

I agree! Every car I've ever owned... I removed that damn ugly license plate frame! :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Tripple ditto. Even on my F-150, no plate.. tried to take the holder off, want to cut it off with a dremel - it's FUGLY. :puke:

Been here 17 years, 7 different automobiles, never a ticket or warning for no front plate. Maybe CA is okay with it. :D

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Most States don't require a front plate, but California does. There is a big "push" in the L.A. Area to clamp down on "Violators." It started a couple of months ago by the L.A.P.D. and CHP. Lot of talk about it in the club-several guys have been ticketed.

I've always taken 'em off, and in 40 years of driving I've only been ticketed once by the CHP in1982. I parked my Torch Red 1980 L82 on a very busy street so I wouldn't get door dings and could keep my eye on it from my office.

In CA it's a fix-it ticket. Just put the plate on and take the ticket to the CHP station, pay the fine and you're on your way. I took it off the same day and from then on parked off the street. No problem since:)

I think one of the guys in the club said the second and subsequent offences cost more in fine amounts. Most of the guys got their tickets in downtown L.A.

You'd think the cops would spend their time harassing the Bad Guys!! I hope The Terrorist Problem is taking up more of their time now:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts