Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I race my car this year, I would like to purchase the cleartastic film to protect the paint from rock chips. When I look at the catalog listings, the corvette entries say "not for Z06" Is this because of the brake cooling screens? I know that some guys here have used it and wanted to know what to get or if some simple cutting is necessary.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello Stephen.

You might check with Corvette Armor a supporting vendor here is a link to their site http://www.corvettearmor.com/ I have heard alot of good things about them.

I used Stongard as they are located near me and they do an awesome job installing. They do have other locations also I think. http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/default.asp

I went with Stongard as a bunch of Northwest Z Brutha's went first and the company made a custom fit package for the Z06's, which we now call the full "JZ" package. They have saved these custom cuts so that future Z06's can also take advantage of it.

Mine covers the entire front end, entire rocker panels & lower doors, mirrors, headlights, outside door edges, and even some of the inner fenders :D

Rollin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stephen Selden said:
Before I race my car this year, I would like to purchase the cleartastic film to protect the paint from rock chips. When I look at the catalog listings, the corvette entries say "not for Z06" Is this because of the brake cooling screens? I know that some guys here have used it and wanted to know what to get or if some simple cutting is necessary.

Stephen
Stephen,

Kit xxx fits the Z06!

But your right, the brake duck does interfere with our kit xxx which goes in front of the rear wheels.
That same kit xxx is included in the xxx(Complete set). That why it states "Not for Z06"

xxx is fine.
Hope that helps:D

Thanks,
Ed

Edited not a supporting vendor, hopefully soon to be..........

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
3-M

Have 3-M (Stonegaurd)I guess, on my T/R. Like it alot. Might take a brouse at bra forum, where have explained further.Good Luck:D :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
See my other replies. Do a search on Corvette Armor. I ahve a complete kit on my TR.

Good luck.................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts