Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

I'm going to take the Z06 in tomorrow for my first problem. I am getting a clicking or popping sound from the wheel well on the rear driver side when I am first starting off in 1st gear and when driving slowly around rough parking lots / roads. It does not happen when I am cruising on a smooth road. I thought it was my exhaust, I just had an aftermarket system installed but I took it back to the muffler shop and we could not find it rubbing anywhere.

What could it be? Are there bushings back there that could have already gone bad with 4000 miles on the car?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMA Z06 said:
JoeCool,

Strange, Have you checked for nail or something in the tire???
No, its not a nail. Its a very loud poping sound that happens at low speed and espically when I'm turning.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Joe,

Did the muffler shop loosen anything for routing pipes.?? can you get back on a lift to check everthing yourself?? Not much to "pop" back there unless its an internal sound ?? Could be joints on the shafts. If you can recreate its best to dealer in am as you have said. Keep us posted...................

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Joe, I had the same problem with my '01 on the left side a few weeks after I had my Corsas installed. The muffler needed to be tilted foward a fraction on an inch. We had to adjust the right as well so rear pipes would be even. Fubu/Les:)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I got it fixed. The swaybar mounts were loose from the exhaust install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts