Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about bonehead....pulled the MAF screen yesterday...easy enough BUT I can't get the airbox to latch. I fiddled with that damn thing for over an hour, the clips just won't snap into place. Anybody else with this problem? Am going to get an aftermarket intake but have not decided on which one...maybe I'll be forced to decide today......and pay for overnight shipping! By the way, duct tape holding the airbox as close to closed as I can get looks like hell!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Wihtout seeing the unit it may tough to help, but, I will try:

Have you made sure that there are no obstructions in the way?

Are there any bent pieces in your way?

Is the box able to lay flat on the shroud?

Is it the latches themselves that won't latch, or can you not even get them to a position where they will close.

RG

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Make sure the filter inside the box is flush. Maybe it is pinching the rim of the filter somewhere along an edge or corner. Also check the metal bands and make sure they are properly attached on the opposite side. Good luck, FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have had the same problem with my Z06 and my previous TransAm. What was happening with me was the air filter was not in all the way. It can visualy look fine but the cover won't latch. Move the filter around and that should solve your problem.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FIXED

Thanks guys. I actually pulled the whole box out this a.m.--would close just fine. I suspect I didn't have the filter all the way in or more likely did not have it in the proper recessed spots. Certainly not the easiest access...I swear I had that filter out and in a dozen times yesterday trying to get it to fit. Can't get your mitts in there and can't see a thing. Oh well, it's done...thanks again.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
gbjerke, i'm glad it worked out for you. I I just knew that filter either was pinching or not flush. I had a similar experience several Vettes back, FUBU69/LES

1 - 7 of 7 Posts