Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the same problem in exactly the same area. I also have one on the rear quarter panel where it and the trunk meet. I was told that this is where they use the suction devices at the factory to attach the panels to the car!! I don't know if I buy that but I do find it strange that we have light spots in exactly the same location.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
More Zaino needed ....

About 10 coats of Z2 zaino on the entire car will do it. I have several areas like you describe, also on black paint. Don't give up. Use more coats. Eventually the Zaino will be thick enough to hide or polish the area. Use Z5 on the spot, use Z2 on the whole car. Then use Z6 spray a few times. I think you will be pleased. Remember this stuff is not wax. It requires multiple applications to be effective.

Carl, help me out here ...

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
A far easier way

Had the same on my drivers side rear panel, right above the wheel well.
I thought, from the looks of it, it had been damaged, and repainted.
I even went to the dealer with it, and had a GMVIS pulled on it..........
Got some Zymol wax,cleaner, and it came right out............
Available from Many, Mo & Jak..................$10.00:)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Z06LS6, how long did you wait before you used your zymol???

I have heard to wait 90 days, but I have a spot that might be similar to you guys. I am looking to get it out of the hood, but am nervous about using any of the products too soon.

chris

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
chris

As soon as I found out it was not a spray job............
Zymol, isn't any different that Zaino.......it's just a wax wiith a cleaner......will need to use it with back and forth strokes(not circular)........
Try just an edge of the spot, and see if it works.......took my whole spot off, and I used it to take off all my "swirls', caused by dealer carwash...........
And mine is Dawnthirty midnight BLACk.............:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts