Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 3 times at the dealer and still no fix for my sticking clutch pedal I bit the bullet and called Cartech and ordered a clutch.
When I mentioned I was a member of Z06vette.com he gave me a discount. I did not tell them I was a moderator till much later in our conversation. He told me they were finishing up on a few Z06 packages and were looking for a forum to sell on.
So don't be surprised when they become a supportting vendor.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
WOW!!

That is simply Fantastic. When I need a new clutch, I will know who to go to :yeadog:
Thanks Tom! :cheers: :z:

·
Registered
469 Posts
dave and julio from cartek are great..... my car is scheduled for 1/14/02 for head and cam and headers... ill keep you posted. we are looking for 450 rwhp... i currently have 392 rwhp. i was sold on those guys when i saw a c-5"c-5 pigs car" run a 11.1 at atco nj. he has 435 rwhp..... i get the car back today from the shop doing the roll bar(5 pt painted eb. to match the car) im sure there clutch will be needed soo......good luck let us know how you like it.....

·
Registered
566 Posts
Tom:

way to go! I knew the stock clutch was inadaquate for serious HP. on the 01s. Hard to power shift when the damn pedal won't come back. :lol:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brent EB02 said:
dave and julio from cartek are great..... my car is scheduled for 1/14/02 for head and cam and headers... ill keep you posted. we are looking for 450 rwhp... i currently have 392 rwhp. i was sold on those guys when i saw a c-5"c-5 pigs car" run a 11.1 at atco nj. he has 435 rwhp..... i get the car back today from the shop doing the roll bar(5 pt painted eb. to match the car) im sure there clutch will be needed soo......good luck let us know how you like it.....
Brent,
Dave was real good to me and I'm sure their clutch is going to do the trick for me. Do keep us posted on your car.
I grew up in Kenilworth by the way, not to far from Garfield.
Jersey boys no their cars.;) :)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dennis Jurs said:
Tom:

way to go! I knew the stock clutch was inadaquate for serious HP. on the 01s. Hard to power shift when the damn pedal won't come back. :lol:
Dennis,
I can't even pull it out of 3rd at WOT, stuck at 85mph.:-?
My "00 Hardtop has almost 40 more rwhp and the clutch is fine, go figure.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I assume you're going to do the install yourself?

I am currently in the market for a clutch, and seriously looking at the Cartek. RAM has one out now too.

Are you putting in an adjustable master?

I'd really like your input on this...thanks!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TAMUz06 said:
I assume you're going to do the install yourself?

I am currently in the market for a clutch, and seriously looking at the Cartek. RAM has one out now too.

Are you putting in an adjustable master?

I'd really like your input on this...thanks!
TAMU:
I do not have the tools to do it myself, most of all a lift because I have to drop the LT headers.
The clutch comes with an adjustable master and a slave.
These guys are good. I ordered the clutch Wed. afternoon and it was at my door Sat. morning.
I hope to have it installed this week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts