Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 01' Z06 with 2000 miles. I dont know whether its normal but their is alot of chatter from the clutch or flywheel, especially when the car is idling after driving for an hour. Even while cruising I can hear a clicking belt type whining noise.
Sorry if this issue has already been discussed several times, but would appreciate some feedback.
Mani:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I notice it in all gears especially in neutral at idle, hardly noticeable in sixth at around 1600-2000rpm's. Also, I dont notice it when the motor gets loud past 4000rpm. Its like an uneven clicking sound like a metal chain. I am not sure whether its normal or something that i should get checked out, the car currently has 2900 miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I notice it in all gears especially in neutral at idle, hardly noticeable in sixth at around 1600-2000rpm's. Also, I dont notice it when the motor gets loud past 4000rpm. Its like an uneven clicking sound like a metal chain. I am not sure whether its normal or something that i should get checked out, the car currently has 2900 miles.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Questions please

HI there,
Well, I would ask some questions please, does the noise stay exactly the same, when you have the clutch depressed to the floor?????
If it is only in neutral when you can hear it the most, I am thinking a few things, are you the original owner??
The chatter, is it always there, and gets progressively worse, the hotter it gets??
Please let us know ,c4c5

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the car used with 2k mies.
The clicking noise goes away when the clutch is pressed in neutral. The chatter gets louder when you increase the revs with the clutch in or out. Its is least audible when the car is cold.
I had an Acura NSX-T which made a clicking belt noise from the engine similar to this.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Dealer time

Hi there,
Well, from what you are telling me, I would think that you should have your dealer inspect the clutch, and the noise, as soon as possible.
I dont know where you are on LI, but you could talk to Ramp Chevrolet in Port Jeff, or you may want to take a ride past the Vette doctors in Amityville.
Both are very much service oriented, and could advise you accordingly in this case.
Personally, I feel that your pressure plate has let go, causing the noise, and the chatter.
Please keep us up to date as to your progress, c4c5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts