Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch I think might be going out on me. There is a bunch of free play in it. I have to push it all the way down to change the gears. It only gets stuck once in a while.

Do I take it to the dealer?
Should I try to get my warranty to cover it?
How much am I looking at spending to get it replaced?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
596 Posts
A few questions....................How many miles on the car, is it stock, and are you the original owner?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you have an extended warranty they should cover the slave cylinder and the labor to replace the clutch. This is what I got covered, but it took a lot of arm twisting. Good Luck.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Take it in if you still have some warranty left. :ity:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the dealer tells me they will fix the clutch, flywill, etc.... however, I will need to pay for the Labor ONLY which is $862. The dealer said they will pay for all the parts including the Slave Cylinder. Something about a good deed.....

Should I have them do it??

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
sjplaya said:
So the dealer tells me they will fix the clutch, flywheel, etc.... however, I will need to pay for the Labor ONLY which is $862. The dealer said they will pay for all the parts including the Slave Cylinder. Something about a good deed.....

I would have a conversation with the GM Zone Rep after I paid for the repair. My feeling is, if there on the up and up which I doubt, you might end up with nothing. :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
sjplaya said:
So the dealer tells me they will fix the clutch, flywill, etc.... however, I will need to pay for the Labor ONLY which is $862. The dealer said they will pay for all the parts including the Slave Cylinder. Something about a good deed.....

Let us know if you took it to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts