Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Has anyone had any noise coming from a spec stage III clutch from take off? When I pull away from a stop I get a rubbing noise at the clutch engagement point. I also hear it when the car shuts down. I only get it when its from a very slow speed (below 8mph). When Im driving and shifting from 2-3-4-5-6, nothing. The clutch grabs fine at high torque conditions as well. But when the rubbing noise happens, I can hear it and feel it in the car and clutch pedal. Again, its only from a very low speed and from a stop when Im trying to duplicate the noise. Any suggestions?

Thank You,
Jim

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Sounds like clutch chatter. Normal with this type of clutch.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I get a small amount of noise with my Stage 3 when pulling away at light throttle loads. It goes away just after full engagement. I just use a few more revs and quicker clutch engagement when I can. I notice it most when creeping along in traffic and I don't use enough throttle to pull forward.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
MislMan said:
I get a small amount of noise with my Stage 3 when pulling away at light throttle loads. It goes away just after full engagement. I just use a few more revs and quicker clutch engagement when I can. I notice it most when creeping along in traffic and I don't use enough throttle to pull forward.
Later ... Larry S.
Mine is the Aussie clutch. Same here. Why?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm used to the typical spec stage III chatter but its not that. This is loud and shakes the whole car. I can feel it through the shifter even. I took it to a service manager friend of mine and he's stumped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts