Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal the car has only 500 miles on it. When I take off it has a shutter or skip. I almost have to drag the clutch for it to take off w/o a shutter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My clutch is smooth, real smooth.

I had a Firebird that did that from time to time, but my driving habits contributed to the problem. The easier I was on the clutch the smoother it was when I drove the car again.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sorry to read of your problem.

Clutch in mine has been smooth from the beginning. 7500 miles later, still smooth.

Ranger

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine was working fine till I swapped it out for a STAR III. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif The STAR III has a little chatter or maybe a little grabbyness at low rpm in first gear. Run the rpm up some and no problems. My stock clutch had 4100 mi on it, looks like new and was smooth.
Good luck the dealer should make it right after they make a bunch of excuses./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have just a slight chatter in first only. It is most noticable when I am pulling slowly into the garage. Very slight, and I do not consider this a big deal.

I also was wondering if others noticed this?

Mark

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think you'll find this condition on all manuals, if too much clutch pedal is let out and not enough gas is given (I have). I would be intested to know the mechanics of what is happening when this occurs and any long term effects. C4C4spec or anyone else?

·
Registered
266 Posts
all:

I'm starting to feel a lot better. Mine does the same thing, (In driveway first gear). Mine has done this since day one. When I am out on the road I don't notice it.

If anyone has any input on cure, please post.

Thanks,

·
Registered
601 Posts
If that's normal, then there must be something wrong with my Z because it doesn't do it. Should I take my Z to the dealer and tell him mine doesn't shudder?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very good timing for this subject. My Z starting shuttering in 1st when pulling into the garage. Never did it until 4K miles.

Craig

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there all,
The particular way that the clutch is designed, and the fact that sometimes in storage, there may be traces of film that may cause this.
Remember that a clutch plate is not fully seated until between 5-7k, so it may take this long for the clutch to stop doing that, if it is still there after this time, then you may have to see how bad it is.
If it is just when leaving in first, I would agree that this is normal, if not, and it is happening in all gears, there is an issue, and should be adressed.
Best to all, c4c5

·
Registered
266 Posts
C4C5Spec:

Thanks a million for the info! It is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ZEEE06,
According to Chevy and the majority of the posters to this topic, a shudder in first is "normal". If yours doesn't have a shudder you appear to be more fortunate than the rest of us. Congratulations.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I posted a similar thread on the Corvette forum and came over here to do a search on the subject.

Mine has the mild shudder at low revs, and I find it difficult to start smoothly in general. Uphill starts are even more difficult. I'm at 1200 miles now and will see how it goes as mileage increases.

Jim

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Man, I'm pissed about my brakes. My car was in at the dealer last week (all freakin week too) getting the "differential side plate" replaced. So, when I took it in I complained that the brakes were warped.

I get it back, the car is really freakin dirty, there are paw prints all over it (i hate cats sleeping on my car - they scratch the paint with their claws), it fucking smells like cat piss inside, and THEY DIDNT EVEN FIX THE BRAKES.

"We couldn't feel any pulsing". I pulled the wheels when I got it home to torque everything properly, cuz those monkeys don't know how to put wheels on (not to mention 4 of my rear lugnuts were galled), and the rotors all had .005" run out.

I'm pissed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
mgarfias,
Why was your differential side plate being replaced? I ask because I have chronic leak (differential fluid) that the dealer claims they have fixed twice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts