Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just noticed a "vibration" in my clutch. I'm not sure if it has been there all along or if it is a new developement.

While driving above 2000 or so RPM's, if I press the clutch in slightly, I can feel some vibration. As I press it in further and the clutch engages, it stops. No problems shifting though. I can also feel it at the end as I release the clutch. No vibration below 2k or so. Also tried it while parked and in neutral and same thing happens. Seems minor but was wondering if it needs to be checked out.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Mike

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi Mike,
Good question>>
I would have it looked at just to be on the safe side.
Besttoyou, c4c5:z:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Mike, I believe Ranger (on this Forum) has had his Z06 in the shop with the vibration problem. You might want to email him to get his insight about what was done to his Z :yeadog:

·
Registered
837 Posts
mlot51 said:
Hello All,

I just noticed a "vibration" in my clutch. I'm not sure if it has been there all along or if it is a new developement....
Unfortunately, I have some experience with clutch vibrations. Mine were induced by a botched clutch install done by the dealer at Chevy's insistence. Didn't fix my symptom (sticking clutch pedal) and started a two-month ordeal that concluded with a team of Chevy field engineers spending two days rebalancing my engine after installing the third new clutch, this time an 02 Z06 version. All of this flowed from the original tech failing to read and follow the service manual procedure for removing the flywheel. This after I spent 20 minutes with him pointing out the relevant passages and pages in the service manual that deal with the procedure.

Enough about that. It works fine now and no longer vibrates.

Anyway, was your clutch ever worked on by the dealer?

Ranger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ranger,

The clutch is stock and the first one, but I am beginning to believe there isn't a problem. I am going to take it in soon to C4C5 and have him check it out just to be sure.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think just a little vibration in the situation you describe is normal. You mention above 2000 rpm... The throw-out bearing presses into the pressure plate fingers, and I think that is where the vibration comes from.

Of course c4c5 is Da Man on this one ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts